Korg's New DSD/PCM ADC + DAC for $500

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
The new Korg DS-DAC-10R looks like a very interesting product for listeners who want to archive their Vinyl LP collections to PCM 24/192 and DSD 2.8 and DSD 5.6 Stereo for $600.

The 10R is available now. The new Audiogate 4 software is due out in Late November.

View attachment 22860

http://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/korg-ds-dac-10r-audiogate-4/
http://www.korg.com/us/products/audio/ds_dac_10r/

Cool product! Also great for those who want to preserve the sonic signature of their analog rigs for playback on both portable players and in the car.

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
Cool product! Also great for those who want to preserve the sonic signature of their analog rigs for playback on both portable players and in the car.

There are some other DSD ADC + DACs coming. But not at such a low price.
The 10R should be a very popular product in the audiophile and semi-pro markets !

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
If they make one with Korg-Noritake NuTubes in it, I'm buying. :)

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland

Harlan Brezhler

Feb 19, 2016
Hello:

I also read the 'which is the best ad converter' thread and have a question about this new Korg.
For location recording I am looking into the Korg mr1000,mr2, ds dac 10r, pcm d100, or a portable pcm high quality converter.

Bruce was recommending the mr2 somewhere and then I had also read that he preferred the Tascam da3000.
(currently I'm only looking at portable machines)

Is it still worthwhile to purchase the mr2 vs. the dac 10r?
Is 256mhz much better than 128mhz?
Do you feel that it is only worthwhile getting into dsd at a higher quality point, ie the da3000, or would it better to stay with a high quality pcm vs lower quality portable dsd?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing