Karl Haas: Adventures in Good Music

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
I enjoyed his radio show for many years, and learned much from his insights into the structure of classical music pieces. Dr. Karl Haas died at the age of 91, and was probably one of the most important ambassadors for keeping classical music alive.

http://www.radiohof.org/discjockey/karlhaas.html

RIP, good sir. Thank you for your passion and generosity.

Lee

Attachments

• images..jpeg
    images..jpeg
    2.7 KB · Views: 268

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
I enjoyed his radio show for many years, and learned much from his insights into the structure of classical music pieces. Dr. Karl Haas died at the age of 91, and was probably one of the most important ambassadors for keeping classical music alive.

http://www.radiohof.org/discjockey/karlhaas.html

RIP, good sir. Thank you for your passion and generosity.

Lee

I used to listen to him on NPR. "Hello, everyone" will never be the same.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I did not listen to his show because I'm Canadian; but I'm a a big Classical Music lover, and I do listen to a lot of Classical Music on the r.a.d.i.o (two favorite stations; one is French from Montreal, the other from Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver).

Classical Music is the real stuff, the real Music with a capital 'M'. :b
Everything else is 'drunk' music, 'copycat' music, 'addict' music, cries from drug overdose and all that Blues & Jazz abstractions ...
World, Soul, Folk music are derivatives ...

And all the rest is just cheap whiskey for people still looking for the exit door from the closing bars ...
I won't say the genres; you already know them.

Last edited:

MilkMan

Feb 9, 2012
I did not lesson to his show because I'm Canadian; but I'm a a big Classical Music lover, and I do listen to a lot of Classical Music on the r.a.d.i.o (two favorite stations; one is French from Montreal, the other from Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver).

Classical Music is the real stuff, the real Music with a capital 'M'. :b
Everything else is 'drunk' music, 'copycat' music, 'addict' music, cries from drug overdose and all that Blues & Jazz abstractions ...
World, Soul, Folk music are derivatives ...

And all the rest is just cheap whiskey for people still looking for the exit door from the closing bars ...
I won't say the genres; you already know them.

Gross generalisation NorthStar! :(

The "real stuff", "real Music" is different to each one of us. It's so individualistic. Basically it's whatever series of notes that sound good and pleases the listener. :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Gross generalisation NorthStar! :(

The "real stuff", "real Music" is different to each one of us. It's so individualistic. Basically it's whatever series of notes that sound good and pleases the listener. :)

I am sorry if I offended you; it's just that for me Classical Music is truly the real MUSIC.

I love Blues deep down running through my veins, and Jazz with my brains,
and World music in my soul.
I also Love Folk music, and a thousand more genres ...

But Classical Music is for me the ultimum, what I relax with the most.. :b

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing