Joan Rivers, Trailblazing Comic, Red Carpet Fixture, Dead at 81

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
she was a classic....nothing politically correct. Sounds like an anesthesia screw up during the procedure. When your old, best to avoid complete sedation for procedures whenever possible. This is of course my speculation.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
she was a classic....nothing politically correct. Sounds like an anesthesia screw up during the procedure. When your old, best to avoid complete sedation for procedures whenever possible. This is of course my speculation.

Easy to speculate so let's not start rumors. I saw her in Las Vegas many years ago. She truly was funny and had a real potty mouth. IIRC it was really Johnny Carson and the Tonight Show that jump started her career.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
it was really Johnny Carson and the Tonight Show that jump started her career.

and tried to destroy it when her Johnny contract was up and she got her own show on Fox. He sounded like a real prick outside of his TV persona. What else could it be other than GA ? Simple, non invasive endoscopy.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Easy to speculate so let's not start rumors. I saw her in Las Vegas many years ago. She truly was funny and had a real potty mouth. IIRC it was really Johnny Carson and the Tonight Show that jump started her career.

I agree. Very often Joan's monologs were better than Johnny's.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
^^^^ That's when her monologs were superb. You were never disappointed when she was hosting for Johnny.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
In 1981 or 1982 I saw Joan Rivers in Las Vegas at the Desert Inn - guess I am dating myself.

She was the warm up act for Tony Bennett.

Have to admire her for helping to break the "glass ceiling" for female comedians and her many accomplishments over the years.

Echoing Steve's comment, her show that evening was definitely over the top. Potty mouth is a very polite understatement.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

In 1981 or 1982 I saw Joan Rivers in Las Vegas at the Desert Inn - guess I am dating myself.

She was the warm up act for Tony Bennett.

Have to admire her for helping to break the "glass ceiling" for female comedians and her many accomplishments over the years.

Echoing Steve's comment, her show that evening was definitely over the top. Potty mouth is a very polite understatement.

Now isn't this strange. That was when I saw her as well

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I enjoyed her humor, but must admit that the last few years I couldn't look at her face. It was an animated cartoon character and I'm being kind.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing