iPhone madness

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
So less than a year ago, I had a iPhone X that I purchased outright, an unlocked version to use on any carrier with no contracts.
I received an offer from my carrier, AT&T for a free upgrade to an iPhone XS, no trade in required and same plan for two years or pay to get out, standard stuff. So I got the XS and was set once again, passing along my X to my extremely excited grandson.
Just yesterday I received an iPhone 12 w 128gb for $57, tax. they took the 9 month old XS in trade. Upgraded to an unlimited 5G plan for less money too.
My experiences in the past with the phone company was usually Unpleasant and costly.. nice change..
The iPhone 12 is pretty nice, love the wide angle lens and it’s blazing fast on 5G.

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
True. The initial price is ludicrous but the upgrade system is very rewarding for people who are already in their market.
I have had 3 new phones within 9 months, without me asking for one.. Usually they make it difficult or pricey to upgrade.. Now they’re practically throwing them at me for nothing.. Just not used to the phone company being so “generous”. Almost makes me feel uneasy...

Reactions: PeterA

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Absolutely... I feel like a dinosaur for trying to get 5 to 6 years out of a phone. I went in to look at an iPhone 12 thinking it was only a matter of time before my phone died (or was prematurely run dry by an apple software upgrade), but I just couldn’t bring myself to throw away a phone that still works perfectly fine.

Reactions: Folsom and Mikem53

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing