Inverse Ambiophonics

Tam Lin

Mar 20, 2011
North Texas
As you may know, Ambiophonics recursively subtracts a time delayed portion of the opposite channel's signal to cancel the crosstalk inherent in a stereo speaker setup. The inverse function, recursively adding a time delayed portion of the opposite channel's signal, adds crosstalk to enhance headphone listening.

Tam Lin

Mar 20, 2011
North Texas
No link. I'm not selling anything...just sharing my experience. If you already have an ambiophonic processor the update is trivial but the effect is profound.

Tam Lin

Mar 20, 2011
North Texas
You can start at ambiophonics.org to read up on the process and then download the Audio Mulch implementation for evaluation and experimentation. That's the path I followed several years ago. I even wrote my own Foobar plugin because I didn't like the quality of the available offerings. In the end, I found the large-scale ambiophonic presentation unsatisfactory. However, I think it is a must-have for near field listening, such as desktop computer audio, and now with the inverse version, a must-have for headphone listening.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing