Interview with Microsoft VP about Windows Phone 7

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Here is a good interview with my ex-colleague, Joe Belfiore regarding windows major upgrade of Windows Mobile: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2366511,00.asp

Good to hear they are making the development kit free following Android's model. My worry though is that if they don't make the OS free as Google has, they will have an uphill battle with phone hardware companies who have a very high value offer in the form of Android.

For those of you who don't know Joe, he led the development of Media Center for a number of years. Then got lost in Zune land and now has this new role which is the head of the program management team for Windows 7 Phone. The PM team drives product feature set, direction and specs while developers (led by someone else) write code and testers test (again led by someone else).

Joe is very easy going as you can tell in the video and quite smart. That combination tends to be hard to find at Microsoft. You tend to get the latter often without the former. I let you decide where I fared in that when I was there :D. So all in all, I would give Microsoft higher odds for success than I would have without him. That said, the odds are extremely against them for success.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing