Inception The Movie-What Am I Missing

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
First off I am a big Leo fan and find him to be one of the best actors in Hollywood. I must admit that the trailers for Inception which seemed to play on every channel ad nauseum for months before the release of the film caught my interest. My youngest son and daughter saw it last week and came home raving as to how great this movie is. My wife and I saw it over the past weekend. The premise of the story is most intriguing. If you can buy into this then perhaps the rest of the movie comes easy. Over all I found the movie at least half an hour too long but generally a fairly good story played out in 4 different levels so make sure you have your wits about you and listen carefully because you might get lost in a dream level :)

Having seen the movie I almost had some Deja vu regarding Leo's last movie Shutter Island which had an almost similar ending. Overall the movie was certainly worth seeing but the word Blockbuster doesn't come to mind. I enjoyed the movie but didn't come out raving about it like the younger generation did.

So who has seen it and what were your thoughts. Am I the only one that didn't come away raving?

The Smokester

Jun 7, 2010
N. California
Probably you should go back for your totem. :D

I thought the movie was very good. But, it suffered from a lack of interaction between characters.

Steve Williams

You had the same impression as me. I would give it a Little Man siting on his seat clapping rather than a Little Man standing on his seat and applauding. I just found that lack of interaction disturbing to me

The Smokester

Jun 7, 2010
N. California
What did you think of the ending? About half the audience jumped out of their seats...I don't think I have ever seen an audience so thoroughly engaged.

Randy Bessinger

Jun 29, 2010
I thought it was a good, but not a great movie. I thought it tried to be a little too cerebral for it's own good at times.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I thought it was a good, but not a great movie. I thought it tried to be a little too cerebral for it's own good at times.

Same could be about Shutter Island which I, like, Steve ended up NO liking at all.. To me a waste of time.. The movie tried too much to be clever and twisty .. It looks like some one trying to outdo Night Shyamalan ... Did not flow in a smooth and strange way like "The Sixth sense" for example ...

Steve Williams

Me too

My son tells me that all of we old gomers didn't like it whereas the younger viewers loved it. I felt the same about Inception.

BTW, has anyone listened to the sound track of Inception?

IMO this was the best part of the movie and plays well on the CD

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing