If You Don't Have This...

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Last edited:

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Been considering this for a while. May have to pull the trigger.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
If you're a fan. I'm not. :eek:

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Still doesn't beat the tape though..... does it Christian?

hmmm, I don't have that tape.......How is that vinyl rig going ? Did you go James Bond Gold Finger ?
Looks like I am changing out my MIT MA-X SHD for Odin Speaker cable. I told my dealer he could cash the check today.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Analogue Productions release, order it today, if not sooner. Simply mind blowing! Hear Elvis like you've never heard him before and as if he's in the room with you!!!

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/8..._Essential_Elvis_Volume_2-45_RPM_Vinyl_Record
Thanks! I am not ostensibly a big Elvis fan, but I do like to listen occasionally. Which of all the Remasters would you recommend if I would be open to just one? I think this is some 24 carat Elvis Remaster that came out July last year - Steve Hoffman maybe? Analogue Productions?

thanks for any advice!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
More specifically, I have the Elvis 30 #1 Hits album from Sony. Checking the back, George Marino and Ted Jensen did the remastering at Sterling Sound. 2002 release. how does this sound compare (if you've heard it) to what you are proposing here? thanks.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I had my Dad over and played that recently. He never heard Elvis sound so good and that was his era.

He sounds so young! :)

To think that they were on the verge of throwing these tapes in the trash. I shudder at the thought. :(

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Been considering this for a while. May have to pull the trigger.

Pull the trigger?

That doesn't make it sound like this a $9.99 recording. ;)

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
All of the Friday Music Elvis reissues sound great as well.

Petsonally, not a great fan of 45rpm albums splicing up 33.3 albums - all you get is a bunch of ep's that can lose the continuity of the album.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY

Petsonally, not a great fan of 45rpm albums splicing up 33.3 albums - all you get is a bunch of ep's that can lose the continuity of the album.

Yeah, the 45's are more listening work, but the sound improvement is worth the effort, imo.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

True for something like Dark Side of the Moon or Abbey Road (as examples), but I'm personally not bothered by it for recordings of songs that have a definite beginning and end. The improved sound quality is well worth the extra step.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing