I hope this wasnt anyone on WBF...

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Nope. Not me. I've been buying a lot of used vinyl lately. Got a Decca first pressing of Let it Bleed, a first pressing of Desparado, some 'RL' Mountain records, an old broadway Atlantic Percy Sledge promo, an early Aqualung on reprise, pink rims of John Barleycorn, Shoot Out at the Canteen and about 4 other pink rims- most of which ranged in price from 8-30 bucks. I've probably bought close to 60 or 70 records in the last several weeks, very few 'audiophile' records, though I found a Nautilus of Dooby Bros for 12 bucks. Call me a smart shopper.
There was an allegedly unplayed copy of LZ II 'RL' but the guy wanted too much $ for it. I made him a respectable offer, but no go.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I believe Chad's AP Weavers is a newer Quality Records 200g pressing. The one on ebay is an earlier AP pressing, 180g. What is means is that people who know this still would shell out more money for an earlier pressing than a present one. This happens quite a lot. Belafonte in Carnegie, Miles Davis' Kind of Blue, these have been re-issued to death but the earlier ones always fetch a high price.

Last edited:

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
I believe Chad's AP Weavers is a newer Quality Records 200g pressing.

good catch. i happen to own the first remaster on 180g and the recent one, both incidentaly done by Doug Sax and the recent weavers remaster is the best. same goes for the janis Ian.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing