I Can't Believe ADELE Did This Again! (Video Title)

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
What a delight to watch this video by musician Rick Beato (he also does some analysis on the piano):

He usually does more rock stuff, for example this:

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Big Rick Beato fan here. He's awesome and there so many gems to be found in his channel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al M.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Great videos thanks, love AdeleI i heard her live on May 10th, 2016, what a voice, a great funny person. great concert. i keep thinking of the carpool caraoke video with james.:)

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Glad that you all like the video. Here is another one, provocatively entitled:

Adele sings out of tune on her new song. FACT.

(Hint: That's a good thing!)

He really gives a good analysis of Adele's vocal technique which, as he points out, is just stupendous. He also addresses how it is enabling the communication of emotions.

I am really impressed by how those musicians, Rick Beato, this Phil from "Wings of Pegasus" and others are amazed by Adele and love what she does (I believe Rick Beato said towards the end of his video that all his musician colleagues love Adele, because they know how good she is as a musician).

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Al, I'm a big fan of Rick, especially his What Makes This Song Great...and his constant fight w the record company/band Blockers.
It's quite something to see this fellow spend so much time praising Adele's non use of AutoTune. What this suggests is that's it's totally rife within the industry, and a total plague on their houses.
I was watching Andrew Rooney dissemble a Neil Peart performance and time and time again he remarked how Peart (and the band) laid down a performance, a linear start to finish take w little if any frippery/studio manipulation. And for him this was the key to his brilliance as a musician, his mastery of composition and playing in real time as a holistic piece of art.
Adele shunning AutoTune and showing her humanity in "less than perfection" makes her expression more enthralling and immersive, her imperfections are integral to her art. Rather than interpolated into technical perfection, but less human as a result.

Last edited:

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Wings of Pegasus is another one I've followed for a while. Al and I are on the same wavelength.

As to Adele ... So much soul (baby).

Reactions: Al M.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Whatever happened to the Adele we knew? I was there 2008.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Barry... she's older...and wiser?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing