HQPlayer fans: need your help!

bibo01

Nov 26, 2013
Thank you very much. My DAC is a Lampizator Big7, Amanero board. I just ordered the DSD 512 dual mono Golden Gate board. Will it work?

Here is a text I took from Mivera Audio.

"2: Hqplayer NAA: In this mode you can take advantage of the SOTA upsampling/modulation software called Hqplayer by Signalyst in Finland. If your DAC is DSD capable, this software can launch the sound of your DAC through the stratosphere. The main complaint with the software is how complicated it is. We have made that simple with a compact turnkey optional engine for the Superstream, called the Superserve. The Superserve can fit in the palm of your hand, yet still has the power to upsample to DSD 512 using the toughest filter/modulators Hqplayer has. Details on this unit will be released shortly. Maximum resolution support with NAA and the Superstream is DSD 1024 and PCM 32/768.
?
Are you a T+A DAC 8 DSD, or Lampizator DAC owner? If so, for an additional $150, the Superstream can be custom configured to support native DSD up to 512 in NAA mode with these fine DAC's. Please note, this $150 fee is ONLY for DAC's that can't do native DSD by default with Linux, but can with Windows. Only a handful are in this category."
?

Will I be limited to his HQplayer server in order to make it work in DSD512 with micro Rendu?
At the present moment your microRendu will not be able to playback DSD512, even though your Lampizator Big7 supports it in Windows and Lampizator's Linux custom implementation Komputer.
In order for microRendu to support it, Linux code on it has to be patched as well as a firmware upgrade of Amanero board.
The procedure is going to be like this:
1) Amanero releases a firmware that supports DSD native in Linux -> 2) new firmware is installed on Amanero boards by user or production company -> 3) Linux developers issue a patch to OS to accept DSD native playback -> 4) Patches are included in future Linux release.

For normal Amanero USB boards, Amanero is going to release a firmware upgrade very soon - so stage 1) is about to happen soon, hopefully it will test OK.

Stage 2) and 3) depend on different things. For example in your DAC case, how quickly Lampizator is goint to implement it or, in microRendu case, how quickly Sonore is going to patch its OS.

Getting to your question, the limitation is NOT in HQPlayer server (as a matter of fact, it can do even higher resolutions). The limitation, as I explained above, is due to microRendu and how at the present moment it sees your DAC. At the moment, microRendu supports an "Amanero DAC" up to DSD128 through DoP.

The example you gave about Superstream and and Superstream Pro, which is a sort of "high-end microRendu", is a different ball game. The Pro version substitutes the Amanero board inside a DAC with its own daughter board. However, I believe that something is not clear in their claim as it would not be that simple for a T+A DAC 8 DSD because Amanero USB is part of its PCB.

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
At the present moment your microRendu will not be able to playback DSD512, even though your Lampizator Big7 supports it in Windows and Lampizator's Linux custom implementation Komputer.
In order for microRendu to support it, Linux code on it has to be patched as well as a firmware upgrade of Amanero board.
The procedure is going to be like this:
1) Amanero releases a firmware that supports DSD native in Linux -> 2) new firmware is installed on Amanero boards by user or production company -> 3) Linux developers issue a patch to OS to accept DSD native playback -> 4) Patches are included in future Linux release.

For normal Amanero USB boards, Amanero is going to release a firmware upgrade very soon - so stage 1) is about to happen soon, hopefully it will test OK.

Stage 2) and 3) depend on different things. For example in your DAC case, how quickly Lampizator is goint to implement it or, in microRendu case, how quickly Sonore is going to patch its OS.

Getting to your question, the limitation is NOT in HQPlayer server (as a matter of fact, it can do even higher resolutions). The limitation, as I explained above, is due to microRendu and how at the present moment it sees your DAC. At the moment, microRendu supports an "Amanero DAC" up to DSD128 through DoP.

The example you gave about Superstream and and Superstream Pro, which is a sort of "high-end microRendu", is a different ball game. The Pro version substitutes the Amanero board inside a DAC with its own daughter board. However, I believe that something is not clear in their claim as it would not be that simple for a T+A DAC 8 DSD because Amanero USB is part of its PCB.

Got it. Thank you very much.
So I can expect that soon I will be able to play DSD 512. I hope really soon.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing