How do you guys keep up with the latest features of technology?

caesar

May 30, 2010
I got the new iPhone last week, and I hate to admit it, I am muddling through the OS. Sure I know the basic stuff, but I am guessing there are a lot of current existing features that I don't know about that would make my life easier.

Same goes with Windows 7, Office 2010, my car's operating system, etc. Just thinking about it is frustrating.

What are some of your best practices to keep up with the latest features in the technical things you own?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
When it comes to phones and PC's I just ask the 15-yr old next door.......

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
John, you nailed it. I remember a few years ago my teenage son & I were standing front row watching Hugh Masekela and his band playing Stimela. I had my cell phone with me and wanted to record Hugh. I had no clue how to do it so I gave the phone to my son. He had never used my phone before but it took him about 3 seconds and bang: there he was, video recording the show. Humbling. The only thing I can do that he hasn't yet learned is to connect and set up a stereo and home theater.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Do what I do.... RTFM.... I know we're guys and not supposed to do that, but you'd be amazed at what's in there!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing