Holo audio may dac or something else

grandsoir

Dec 28, 2020
Greetings

I´ve been reading up on the holo audio may dac which is being praised a lot. What I like about it´s review is that it seems to carry a more "analog" sound than the otherwise digital harsh sound signature.

It´s been on the market for a long time now, so I´m a bit curious if there are options or if its a good choice. I wont be able to hear it before ordering.

The lampizator seems very nice, but then it´s MUCH more expensive.

I´m thinking about pairing it with the Taiko-server.

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
I had a May in my system for a few months, and I recommend it highly.

It was detailed and organic, and did soundstage very well. Images were dense and always felt as though they were in the right place.

In its price range, I couldn't and can't think of another DAC that would be better, if you're looking for organic, natural sound.

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
Isn‘t the Baltic 4 in about the same price range?
I think it's a bit more (relatively speaking). But I'm not sure exactly how much more.

msimanyi

Jan 13, 2023
It may be a bit more, but if the OP is working with a budget encompassing a Taiko server, it‘s likely within reason.

Reactions: lordcloud

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
It may be a bit more, but if the OP is working with a budget encompassing a Taiko server, it‘s likely within reason.
True

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing