Hi from the U.K.

Cooler King

Jan 4, 2015
U.K.
Hi there,

Just like another new member below, I came upon this forum by accident. I was looking at pictures of Dartzeel amplifiers and found myself drooling over some pics on here...beautiful!
I worked in Hi-Fi retail for some 12 years, but have been a keen enthusiast since a friends dad blasted me away with some Tannoys when I was about 13, I'm now 45.
Sadly my system is rather pathetic at the moment, having left Hi-Fi retail and now working for myself part time. Nevertheless I maintain an obsession with reading and looking at all things Audiophile and so am looking forward to enjoying some good discussions etc.

Thank you for having me!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hello Cooler King. Welcome to WBF Forum. I am going to CES this year so be prepared to see a lot more equipment pictures :).

As to your gear, what is the old saying? "The cobbler's children have no shoes?" That is how I was when I worked in a hifi shop repairing audio gear when I was going to college. My audio gear was stuff I repaired that that customers had abandoned. I am sure you will build up your system as time goes by.

Again, welcome.

Cooler King

Jan 4, 2015
U.K.
Thank you for the welcome. The sad thing is that I owned a nice system until the advent of children and many bills! I miss it dearly, but hopefully will get some decent gear at some point...here's hoping! For now I can look at some of the lovely systems/threads on hear and 'dream a little dream'...

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Welcome Cooler King to the WBF!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing