Hi folks!

jtein

Mar 25, 2012
Malaysia
Greetings from Malaysia. Sorry for the belated introduction of myself as I just discovered this section :eek:

I stumbled upon WBF while browsing AVShowrooms which I also stumbled upon while visiting another website! Got involved in this hobby way back during university days. I was looking for a one-box compo that had CD, tape cassette and equalizer functions when my university buddy introduced me to separates. Well, the rest is history :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi JTein,

Welcome! There is some great stuff on your side of the world, for sure! Serious audiophiles!!! (By the way, have you come across CK Audio in Singapore?)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Selamat datang, saudara jtein! Apa khabar?

Which part of Malaysia are you located? I love that place, great food!

Definitely great food...Penang! Had some Friday nite! Char Keoay Teow! Chendol! Satay! Ice Ka Chang!

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello from a half a world away in sunny North Carolina, jtein and welcome to the WBF! We hope yo enjoy this forum as much as we do. Lots of good guys [and ladies] here. We'll see you around the forum.

Enjoy the music.

jtein

Mar 25, 2012
Malaysia
Selamat datang, saudara jtein! Apa khabar?

Which part of Malaysia are you located? I love that place, great food!

Thanks Keith! Your Malay's pretty good! Where are u located?

Hi JTein,

Welcome! There is some great stuff on your side of the world, for sure! Serious audiophiles!!! (By the way, have you come across CK Audio in Singapore?)

Thanks Lloyd! Yeah, there are some serious audiophiles here with serious money! More so because the exchange rate is USD1.00 = RM3.10. Probably have heard of CK but never dealt with them. What products do they carry?

Definitely great food...Penang! Had some Friday nite! Char Keoay Teow! Chendol! Satay! Ice Ka Chang!

Erm Lloyd, are you Malaysian?

Hello from a half a world away in sunny North Carolina, jtein and welcome to the WBF! We hope yo enjoy this forum as much as we do. Lots of good guys [and ladies] here. We'll see you around the forum.

Enjoy the music.

Thanks treitz for the welcome!

Welcome to the forum jtein.

Thanks mullard :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks Lloyd! Yeah, there are some serious audiophiles here with serious money! More so because the exchange rate is USD1.00 = RM3.10. Probably have heard of CK but never dealt with them. What products do they carry?

Erm Lloyd, are you Malaysian?

I like Chinese Malaysian food...and have been to Penang, Guerney Drive! As for CK, i have asked Calvin if he can find a second-hand Zanden transport. I have come across him before, so any thoughts on them would be appreciated. Feel free to PM if you wish.

RCDAVE

Feb 15, 2012
Hi, and welcome! Did you go to the Malaysian Grand Prix? Just curious, because I'm a huge F1 fanatic.

jtein

Mar 25, 2012
Malaysia
Hi, and welcome! Did you go to the Malaysian Grand Prix? Just curious, because I'm a huge F1 fanatic.

Hi RCDAVE, I love F1 and I'm rooting for Lewis Hamilton! But I'd rather watch the races from the comfort of my home.....I know, that probably sounds sacrilegious to an F1 fanatic :eek: I guess I should attend it at least once in my lifetime for the experience. Anyone wanna sponsor me with a couple of paddock lounge tickets :cool:

Btw, is that a Mclaren car for your avatar?

RCDAVE

Feb 15, 2012
Yep, that's an Mc in my avatar. The MP4-25 from 2010 I believe. Just beautiful! Too bad it was pretty slow that year:(

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing