Hi-Fi Tuning Fuse Loan Offer

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
If you ever get to look at a spectrum analyzer display sometime, the upping and downing of these spikes will be a little disconcerting. In his photos, for example, just look at the biggest prominant peak, and see how its shape does not look the same from photo to photo, and these are "screens shots, or frozen in time captures, then consider all the little ones. I am just sayin you need to understand your test equipments capabilities and limitations and your source signals same as well.

Well put!

Fast/Forward

Aug 21, 2011
Mississauga, On
For those who may be interested...below is a very extensive write up of the Hi-fi tuning fuses performed by DarqueKnight. I hope that you enjoy the read and yes, measurements are included.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/sho...e-Noise-Part-7-HiFi-Tuning-and-Isoclean-Fuses

BTW, that's a nice offer you have presented here Fast/Forward. Thank you for making this a possibility for select WBF members.

Tom

Tom, thanks for the compliment and great link. All I have on hand is a digital multi-meter.

Fast/Forward

Aug 21, 2011
Mississauga, On
The offer is still open. The two gents who opted in have opted out. If anyone is interested, then perhaps I can ease my draconian conditions.;)
But not #7!

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I use Hi-Fi tuning Silver Star fast burn in my DAC, Pre and Phono amps. My power amps use thermal coupled circuit breakers. Never had an issue.

My power just went out and then back on 15 seconds later. All equipment running out of regenerators that have surge protection. The Pre did not come back on. After disconnecting and trying a different power cord, I pulled the Hi-Fi Tuning Supreme fuse and replaced it with stock, so I guess the fuses do the most important job. Not happy I blew a $90.00 fuse. It was about a year old. You cannot tell if the fuse is blown by appearance since the side walls are opaque ceramic rather than clear glass.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
My power just went out and then back on 15 seconds later. All equipment running out of regenerators that have surge protection. The Pre did not come back on. After disconnecting and trying a different power cord, I pulled the Hi-Fi Tuning Supreme fuse and replaced it with stock, so I guess the fuses do the most important job. Not happy I blew a $90.00 fuse. It was about a year old. You cannot tell if the fuse is blown by appearance since the side walls are opaque ceramic rather than clear glass.

And that is why they make DVMs. I wonder if a stock fuse would have blown?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing