Herzan Question

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
I have one TS140 to install in an all server system.
So where would I get the most benefit?:

1. Under the 4 bay QNAP

2. Under the Rossini, which is also used as preamp

3. Under the computer (has ssd) running roon

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I have one TS140 to install in an all server system.
So where would I get the most benefit?:

1. Under the 4 bay QNAP

2. Under the Rossini, which is also used as preamp

3. Under the computer (has ssd) running roon

my 'guess' is the Rossini would end up yielding the greatest benefit. I have mine (TS-150) under my dart pre which includes my phono stages. it is somewhat system dependent based on the amount and proximity of low bass sources in your system.

you can also experiment with 'stacking' gear making sure you block noise pollution from one box to another. I did stack my Playbacks Design digital on top of my dart pre for years both atop the TS-150. I used a Symposium Svelte Shelf between the 2 boxes as a sort of noise reducer.....otherwise my phono stage performance was compromised. it improved both the dart pre and the PD.

ideally the TS series platforms work best on a solid grounded rack on a concrete floor. you want to remove any compliance from whatever it sits on. then it is allowed to decouple the target gear most effectively.

Last edited:

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
ML

Thanks for your input

I bought it thinking it would be best to isolate the hard drives in the QNAP, much like isolating a TT, but I see you and others use it for your front end components.
Have you actually tried it under your hard drives?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing