Here we go...again...

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
Last month, he sold ~ three of them at $4,700 to $5,300 ea. BIN prices, I believe. On the other hand, the Nagra T's NAB metal hubs recently going for more than $1000 for a pair, I am not too surprised...

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
Seems this guy has 3 A810's AND a Nagra-T

Nagra-T

Yes, Dr. Bruce. He is the famous Eduardo from Toronto. His old eBay name, Flimco used to sell the A810s at $5000 ea. and used to refuse to ship (unless you are willing to buy two and have them air freighted to SEATAC for pickup I should know..). Those were the days when one can find BIN A810 for ~$1500 for a good machine on eBay... On the other hand, unlike the mystery recorders from closing studios and antique dealers who got them from the radio stations, Filmco's A810s were very clean and worked well. He also had a photo of his shop/house with about 20 A810s lined up. He did have number of A820s and parts machines at one time but I believe he had sold them all. I was surprise to see from you link that he had more A810s and the Nagra T's for sale. I believe he sold quite a few A810s with BIN price of ~$4700 last month.

Speaking of Nagra T... since fetching the record high price of $10,100 for the T on eBay last month, there are more T's listed now than I have ever seen during last three years. The Invisible Hand is at work, it seems.

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
What did the Nagra go for?

Bruce in PA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing