Hello from SE Michigan

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Hello all. I just found this site last evening when I was searching for information on Wadia Series 9. After browsing the Wadia thread I poked around and saw that there is a lot of great information here and posts by some very knowledgeable individuals.

I am looking forward to participating where applicable.

I am currently considering new sources and a pre-amp.

My current set-up consists of:
MBL 111F's
D'Agostino Momentums
McIntosh C-1000 pre, MS-300 server, MCD-1100 SACD/CD
Olive 4HD for Hi Rez
Transparent Reference cabling.

Jim

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Hello all. I just found this site last evening when I was searching for information on Wadia Series 9. After browsing the Wadia thread I poked around and saw that there is a lot of great information here and posts by some very knowledgeable individuals.

MBL 111F's
D'Agostino Momentums
Olive 4HD for Hi Rez

Jim

Hi Jim,

Welcome aboard! How you enjoying those Momentums? What did you have before Dan's amps?

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Myles
I was using McIntosh's 1.2ks. They were nice amps but unable to control my MBL's like the Momentum's.

Jim

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Greetings Jim. Welcome to the forum. With your equipment list, you certain rank in the crew of people looking for "What is *Best*." :)

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Thanks Amir,
The one thing I know about audio, there is no "Best". One mans poison is another listeners elixir.

Jim

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, Jim and welcome to the What's Best Forum. Nice setup.

Tom

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Indeed welcome Jim

Any thought on Dan's new preamp to go with those amps

I have been waiting to try his oft delayed pre-amp in my set-up but its release keeps getting pushed back. I am a bit concerned about the look of the pre from the recent pictures I have seem. The buttons on the left are okay but the two rotary type switches on the right front look like propellers. I will hold final judgement until I see and hear the unitl

Jim

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have been waiting to try his oft delayed pre-amp in my set-up but its release keeps getting pushed back. I am a bit concerned about the look of the pre from the recent pictures I have seem. The buttons on the left are okay but the two rotary type switches on the right front look like propellers. I will hold final judgement until I see and hear the unitl

Jim

Nice system! I have heard those Momentum monos with XLFs. Also heard the Momentum stereo...both extraordinary amps. Enjoy! And look forward to hearing more about your audition of the preamp when it comes out.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
---Hi Jim,

I just discovered few minutes ago that you were here at WBF. :cool:

Sooo, from me to you, a Big & Warm -

Bob (LOTREE)

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Bob

Thanks, I only recently found this site. Still getting my feet wet and figuring where I can add value.

Jim

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
---Take your time Jim; lots of good stuff around.

* Perhaps you can visit WBF's Music section. :b
...That is one spot that I know for a fact where you can add real value.

...And the setup process from your new loudspeaker's acquisition. :b ...That is quite some'!

...And a whole lot more ...

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan

MBL 111F's
D'Agostino Momentums
Olive 4HD for Hi Rez

Jim

Well a lot has transpired since I joined here 19 days ago.
1) I purchased a Wadia Series 9 set-up.
2) I sold my C-1000 anticipating I would be driving the Momentum's directly from the 922 Dac of the Series 9.
3) I am selling my MBL 111F's
4) I have purchased a pair of Wilson Alexandria X2 series 2
5) I am selling the Wadia Series 9 to help fund #4

Don't you love this hobby of ours?

Jim

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
---Here ya go! :D

By the way Jim, if you don't know yet; Joe (joeinid), Gary (GaryProtein), Kal (Rubinson), and few more people from AA are also here at WBF. ...Myles of course.

WntrMute2

Sep 23, 2010
Royal Oak, Michigan
To Still-one and any other South Michigan audio geeks, there is a very active club locally. Check it out here: https://sites.google.com/site/michiganaudioclub/

We also have our very own forum over on another forum site. Link is in the above page.

Official meet is on a monthly basis but many of us have informal listening sessions more often, Just so you know, this is quite an informal group generally, with only a few systems being SOTA, but a lot of expertise within the group and many amazing systems having been assembled using skill rather than money to achieve great sound.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing