Hello From Newnan, Georgia

Jazzbo

Aug 20, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
Good evening forum members,

I apologize that I did not do this before now. However, you all have been kind to me even though you did not know who I was. Thank you so much. Already I have learned a great deal and look forward to gaining more knowledge. I just moved to Georgia from the Washington DC area and love it so far. I have already found a great tech/engineer to work on my tape deck and other electronics and I feel very good about that. Again, I want to thank everyone here for your extreme kindness and generosity.

jazzbo :)

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thanks for being part of our family! Everyone's contributions makes what the forum is. Where is Newman?

Jazzbo

Aug 20, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
Good morning Amirm,

And thank you for your welcome sir. Newnan, Georgia is about 20 miles outside of Atlanta and is a fairly short drive. Of course, Atlanta is where all of the action is, at least, that's what I'm told. :) Since moving here to Newnan, I've been to Atlanta 3 times and found it a very busy place. I want to say that I am very pleased to be here with you and the rest of the forum members.

jazzbo

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
If you ever need to get esoteric gear fixed in the Atlanta area, drop me a line. I know a guy that did a phenomenal job (lifesaving surgery) on some of my equipment. He does tubes and solid state.

Jazzbo

Aug 20, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
Good Thursday evening Edorr,

Thank you so much for this information. As a matter of fact, I've found Benny Amina, engineer/tech, who heads up Modular Electronics Inc. He has already worked on one of my reel to reel tape decks and did an outstanding job. His shop is located in Alpharetta, Georgia. His shop is also set up with 2 listening rooms where he demonstrates items worked on or amps, speakers and pre amps he has designed and built. Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness sir.

jazzbo

Jazzbo

Aug 20, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
Hello JonFo,

I have not gotten around here in Georgia as much as I should, so, am not familiar with your area. When I needed repair of one of my Tascam tape decks I called Norman's but was told they did not work on tape recorders anymore. I was forced to look further and found Modular Electronics Inc and a wonderful shop owner. It's a little ways from Newnan, Georgia where I live but I will continue to take my stuff there. So far I've met 2 reel to reel enthusiasts and am pleased about that. I am still looking to meet more audiophiles who love 2 channel sound. Thank you so much sir and glad to know you are here in Georgia.

jazzbo

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
I've found Benny Amina, engineer/tech, who heads up Modular Electronics Inc. He has already worked on one of my reel to reel tape decks and did an outstanding job.
Hello, Jazzbo and once again, welcome to the WBF. A good friend of mine has a pair of his bookies and also recommends his repairs. Since Charlotte is pretty much a ghost town when it comes to audiophiles, I have over the years made some great friends down in the Hotlanta area. One of them just visited last weekend and will be coming up again 2 weekends from now. Atlanta has a pretty good audio base from those whom I've met and I know that there are even more I haven't met yet who are members of this forum.

Jazzbo said:
I am still looking to meet more audiophiles who love 2 channel sound

Well, just so happens, so do I. The audio event I mentioned earlier in another thread has most of the folks I've met in the Atlanta area attend yearly but we usually get together more often than that. I'll be heading down soon to visit some friends and listen to some good tunes. Hopefully some transformers will come in and I can build a pair of mono-block tube amplifiers while I'm down there as well. If you are truly interested in meeting more folks interested in 2 channel audiophilia around your area, I can guarantee that we will meet each other and if you are ever in need of a tube(s)? Oh, I do know some folks local to you. :)

If you want, I can either PM you my contact information or vice-versa with a good time to call. We can actually get the ball started to actually fulfilling your wish.

Tom

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Good Thursday evening Edorr,

Thank you so much for this information. As a matter of fact, I've found Benny Amina, engineer/tech, who heads up Modular Electronics Inc. He has already worked on one of my reel to reel tape decks and did an outstanding job. His shop is located in Alpharetta, Georgia. His shop is also set up with 2 listening rooms where he demonstrates items worked on or amps, speakers and pre amps he has designed and built. Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness sir.

jazzbo

Benny is precisely the guy i had in mind. Glad you found him on your own devices!

Jazzbo

Aug 20, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
Good morning Edorr,

Hope you, your family and friends are all doing great. Yes, I was fortunate enough to find Benny who is also a great individual. When my wife and I took my reel to reel in, he let me wife wait in one of his listening rooms (he put on music) while he and I talked about what I wanted done to my tape deck. He recently did a presentation for Audio Video Club Of Atlanta. Not only did I have a fun time, I met another club member who also records choral and orchestral music which I love. He invited my wife, myself and another friend over to his place to listen to music. This gentleman also has a large number of tape decks which I want to see. Thank you sir for contacting me. I really appreciate.

jazzbo

Jazzbo

Aug 20, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
Hello Treitz3,

I trust that you and everyone you know are all doing fabulously. Thank you for writing. I have been to the NC area and was not aware there is not a lot of audio stuff going on there. Before I moved here to Georgia I was thinking about re-locating to the NC area, at least until I met my wife who lives here. Prior to moving here I developed a love for reel to reel tape and tape decks and purchased my first deck in 2010 from Ebay. That was not a good experience as the guy sent the Ampex in a box packed with balled up newspaper and styraform. Needless to say the deck arrived in bad shape. I was finally able to purchase a Tascam 32-2B deck and finally a Tascam 42B which I love and will use as my main tape deck.

Since I am a lover of analog I have not been to many club meetings because many have been focused on digital music and reproduction and that's not of much interest to me. I've got to go now to complete my bible study lessons before my wife leaves but will be back in touch soon. You may PM me as well sir. Thanks again for you communication.

jazzbo

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hello Treitz3,

I trust that you and everyone you know are all doing fabulously. Thank you for writing. I have been to the NC area and was not aware there is not a lot of audio stuff going on there. Before I moved here to Georgia I was thinking about re-locating to the NC area, at least until I met my wife who lives here. Prior to moving here I developed a love for reel to reel tape and tape decks and purchased my first deck in 2010 from Ebay. That was not a good experience as the guy sent the Ampex in a box packed with balled up newspaper and styraform. Needless to say the deck arrived in bad shape. I was finally able to purchase a Tascam 32-2B deck and finally a Tascam 42B which I love and will use as my main tape deck.

Since I am a lover of analog I have not been to many club meetings because many have been focused on digital music and reproduction and that's not of much interest to me. I've got to go now to complete my bible study lessons before my wife leaves but will be back in touch soon. You may PM me as well sir. Thanks again for you communication.

jazzbo

Hi Jazzbo, If you are in the NC area, you might want to PM Jeff Fritz the Editor in Chief of Ultra Audio and Soundstage...he knows that area pretty well as i recall.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing