"Harold and Maude"

Jun 17, 2011
White Rock, New Mexico
HI All,
I just received a notice that Criterion is releasing "Harold and Maude". Back in the 1970's, when it was first run, I saw the movie about 5 times in the theater. Obviously, I liked it but mostly I laughed at it. It's quirky and strange and funny. Where else can you see a Jaguar XK-E Hurst?

I usually consider Criterion releases to be a mark of quality. I never expected to see "Harold and Maude" in the Criterion catalog.

What are your thoughts about this movie. Does it belong in the Criterion catalog?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Sparky

Last edited:

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
The movie has a cult following and Ruth Gordon was terrific in the movie. I like you saw this movie in the theater years ago. I am glad to see Criterion release this movie.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I love Criterion movie's expansions.

This particular movie is not really my cup of tea. I'll pass on this.
Movies are like Music; it is a personal choice, just like paintings.

Gary D

Jun 26, 2011
I love Criterion movie's expansions.

This particular movie is not really my cup of tea. I'll pass on this.
Movies are like Music; it is a personal choice, just like paintings.

It is a acquired taste:D

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
It is a acquired taste:D
Very much so. This is one of my favourite movies -- in our part of the world, which includes New Zealand, we love quirkiness: think "Moulin Rouge", "The Castle" and "Muriel's Wedding". Plus, soundtrack by Cat Stevens! This is one that exemplifies good storytelling: it takes one to a strangely disturbing world of thinking and feeling, which still makes sense, and ultimately resolves and satisfies ....

Frank

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing