Guitar Heaven - Santana

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada

1. "Whole Lotta Love" (feat. Chris Cornell of Soundgarden) 3:51
2. "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" (feat. Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots) 5:38
3. "Sunshine of Your Love" (feat. Rob Thomas of Matchbox Twenty) 4:43
4. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" (feat. India.Arie & Yo-Yo Ma) 6:02
5. "Photograph" (feat. Chris Daughtry of Daughtry) 4:04
6. "Back in Black" (feat. Nas & Robyn Troup) 4:20
7. "Riders on the Storm" (feat. Chester Bennington of Linkin Park & Ray Manzarek of The Doors) 5:23
8. "Smoke on the Water" (feat. Jacoby Shaddix of Papa Roach) 5:06
9. "Dance the Night Away" (feat. Patrick Monahan of Train) 3:23
10. "Bang a Gong" (feat. Gavin Rossdale of Bush) 3:41
11. "Little Wing" (feat. Joe Cocker) 4:52
12. "I Ain't Superstitious" (feat. Jonny Lang)

you can listen to sample tracks here

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
:confused:Just wondering if this will only be available in digital format...

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I don't doubt for a moment that Carlos can play most of the "guitar-oriented" songs on this latest release better than the originals. Hell, I don't doubt for a moment that now, in his 60s, Carlos can play Whole Lotta Love better than Page did in his prime, While My Guitar Gently Weeps better than Clapton did in his. I just didn't think the nice idea that was Supernatural was going to become the rest of Carlos' career. I'll buy it. I'll buy anything that gives me another chance to hear him play. But I wish he were pushing the envelope at this stage of his life instead of mining an obvious commercial formula that elevates the credibility of pop stars and makes easy money. Of course Rob Thomas wants another chance to sing with Santana. He should be honored at a chance to carry his amp.

Carlos Santana is brilliant. He's a rare, gifted, lyrical instrumentalist on a par with Miles, Cannonball, Coltrane. I want to hear what he's got, not what he can get by on.

P

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I don't doubt for a moment that Carlos can play most of the "guitar-oriented" songs on this latest release better than the originals. Hell, I don't doubt for a moment that now, in his 60s, Carlos can play Whole Lotta Love better than Page did in his prime, While My Guitar Gently Weeps better than Clapton did in his. I just didn't think the nice idea that was Supernatural was going to become the rest of Carlos' career. I'll buy it. I'll buy anything that gives me another chance to hear him play. But I wish he were pushing the envelope at this stage of his life instead of mining an obvious commercial formula that elevates the credibility of pop stars and makes easy money. Of course Rob Thomas wants another chance to sing with Santana. He should be honored at a chance to carry his amp.

Carlos Santana is brilliant. He's a rare, gifted, lyrical instrumentalist on a par with Miles, Cannonball, Coltrane. I want to hear what he's got, not what he can get by on.

P

+ 1

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I think it is pretty cool that Carlos is playing these pieces :cool:. I'm sure he will be able to go back and play more originals later on and wow everyone :D. IMHO, when Carlos plays anything, any student of the guitar needs to listen.:)

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
No doubt DaveyF. And Dimfer, thank you for posting that video. India.arie. is well liked in my household.

Carlos is one of THE guitar gods. I've seen him in concert at least half a dozen times over the last 35 years and he always delivers. One simply cannot have a bad time at a Santana concert. Nor can one remain seated. He grooves like few others.

I have no problem with Santana covering some great songs while featuring some other great artists. Herbie Hancock has done the same with his last 3 albums. Heck, Black Magic Woman is a cover.

And Santana already has done this. Supernatural also featured some truly phenomenal performances with some pretty great stars. His follow up, All That I Am, while not in the same league as Supernatural, also featured some other noteworthy musicians.

As a side note, if you have the Supernatural album but not the DVD, you are seriously missing out. Sarah McLachlan's performance (which does not appear on the album) is one for the ages.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing