Greetings from Michigan

Chizzap30

Jun 23, 2010
Jackson, MI
Hello All,

I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Matt and I live in The Great Lake State of Michigan. I'm not sure of the age of the majority of the people here, but I may be one of the younger guys here sine I was born during the first Reagan Administration.

My interest in this hobby probably started a little out of high-school and when I first started working for Best Buy while living in Tennessee. I worked there but would visit the one local hi-fi/custom install shop down the road and got my first taste of brands like Wilson, Paradigm, Focal, etc. While continuing to work for Best Buy, I transferred up to Michigan with a family move back to the home state. When Best Buy acquired Magnolia Audio/Video and started to integrate a portion of that into some of their stores, I jumped at the chance and started working inside the Magnolia Home Theater in Ann Arbor, MI. At one point I was selected out of my peers and was fortunate enough to be sent to Sumiko, The United States Importer/Distributor of Vienna Acoustics, Sonus Faber, etc., and go through their speaker placement set-up program. However after a very, very short period after returning from the training, it was decided that my services were no longer needed.

After that I decided to return to school but still had and still do have a deep passion for this hobby, I was fortunate to become a member of Paragon Sight & Sound in Ann Arbor, MI. Now I have the pleasure of getting to represent and demo such equipment and speakers from manufacturers like Wilson Audio, Krell, McIntosh, B&W, etc. We are also the national retailer for both Doshi Audio Electronics and JansZen Electrostatic Loudspeakers.

I am here to learn from the experiences that you are able to share and ultimately give any insights that I might see as well.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Cool welcome Matt!

John Hunter is a great person to work with!

Chizzap30

Jun 23, 2010
Jackson, MI
That's what I hear. Unfortunately I did not get the opportunity to meet with John. Kevin Wolff did the training when I went. Kevin is not the International Sales Manager for Vienna Acoustics.

Chizzap30

Jun 23, 2010
Jackson, MI
Will do, George. The store is going through some changes currently but still considering what room is going to be best for 2-channel room. Might have a better idea after Rocky Mountain.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Welcome Matt! Nice as always to see a familiar face!

John

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi Chizzap30,

It is always good to know that someone significantly younger than I am is into this hobby. I am certain that you will also have helpful insights and experiences to share.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing