Greetings from Gothenburg, Sweden

BTS

May 16, 2011
Hi, I have been addicted to music as long as I can remember and my hifi-interest started in 1983 after I thief broke in to my flat and stole my plastic Hitachi something. I bought new cheap Kenwood gear and then I heard the difference, the new gear does'nt sounded like I wanted it to do. And so on. Right now I got a brand new listening room and struggling with speaker placement, maybee this end upp with some new speakers...:)

I also like take photos of hifigear so I may post some from time to time...

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Welcome indeed. I am curious. What is the origin of love for audio and its manufacturing/design in Scandinavia? Is there some cultural aspect to it? Education? Seems like there is more focus on it in that area than other parts in the world.

BTS

May 16, 2011
Welcome, BTS!

Mike

Thanks Mike.:)

Welcome indeed. I am curious. What is the origin of love for audio and its manufacturing/design in Scandinavia? Is there some cultural aspect to it? Education? Seems like there is more focus on it in that area than other parts in the world.

And thanks to you too amirm. About your question, I'm not sure why and I have no easy answers to it.:)

MasterChief

Jun 26, 2012
Sweden

I think there is a combination of different things. First, we do love music. For example, Sweden are one of the biggest music export countries in the world and that with only nine million people living here. Scandinavia is located pretty close to the arctic pole. We have some pretty bad and cold weather here at least six month/year. So we do love doing stuff inside (for example listening to music) and love interior design. We also have a strong technological industry. I don't have any numbers but I think that Dali, Dynaudio, Bang&Olufsen and Genelec are the biggest brands from Scandinavia (actually Finland is not a scandinavian country but a nordic country according to most definitions).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing