FS: Gryphon Colosseum Stereo 240V

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Everyone,

Analogue Seduction, UK's only Gryphon Authorized Dealer, is selling my Colosseum Stereo (I am aiming to upgrade to Gryphon Mephisto).

- Gryphon Colosseum Stereo 240V (Retail £39,200)
- Gryphon VIP Ref 5 Power Cable 2m (Retail approx £2,500)
- 7 Years Old
- Works beautifully (recent audio technician checkup); truly excellent physical condition
- Analogue Seduction (UK's Gryphon Authorized Dealer) provides peace of mind
- Gryphon Information: http://www.gryphon-audio.dk/products/power-amplifiers/colosseum.aspx

Combined Retail: £41.7K (USD$54.4K)
Asking: £24K (USD$31.3K)

43% Reduction from Retail

Gryphon Colosseum.jpg
View attachment Gryphon Colosseum Class A Stereo Power Amplifier - Pre Owned.pdf

Actual photos on link below: http://www.analogueseduction.net/gr...class-a-stereo-power-amplifier-pre-owned.html
Email: info@analogueseduction.net or PM me here

Last edited:

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
WOW Lloyd. Big upgrade for sure. Have you heard the Mephisto in your system?

cheers

Shane

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
WOW Lloyd. Big upgrade for sure. Have you heard the Mephisto in your system?

cheers

Shane

Hi Shane...thanks...though not there yet, since I prefer to sell the Colosseum first. I don't like having 'extra' equipment laying around.

As for hearing the Mephisto in my system, no, but I have heard both the Gryphon Antileon and obviously this Gryphon Colosseum in my system for many years (along with a number of other amps). Having discussed with 3 Gryphon Distributors/Dealers and a number of owners, including Analogue Seductions, I am ready to do this upgrade. Like upgrading to the CJ GAT 2, finally getting the Zanden Transport and upgrading to TA Opus Gen 5, it sometimes takes a lot of experience with the brand, knowing what I like, and listening to a lot of experienced audiophiles I trust.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Whoa congrats... Soon the Wilson's will be on sale for the Arrakis purchase looks like

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Whoa congrats... Soon the Wilson's will be on sale for the Arrakis purchase looks like

Well...not congrats yet. I have made the decision, but I want to sell the Colosseum first. As for Wilson's, once you obsessively finetune their setup (which Pedro at Absolute Sounds largely did for me)...they really are a remarkably good speaker. Arrakis are for another day and perhaps not quite that soon...lets see once we get the Mephisto! ;)

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, Lloyd! I know this decision has been a long time in the making! :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks, Barry and Ron! I think Analogue is aiming to put it up on Audiogon shortly as well.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing