35 watts in standby or normal operation
65 watts with remote control active
Dimensions
17.25" W x 11.5" D x 3.75" H
(43.8cm x 29.2cm x 9.5cm)
Weight
40 pounds 18 kg

And here are a few choice quotes from reviews:

“I'll start with something that sounds simple: The KX-R was really quiet. (If this were a movie, somebody would have to say, "Yeah. Too quiet.") Aren't all audio components these days? Well, sure, but the KX-R, with an activated input selected and set to regular listening volume, was far more silent than the tomb.

In my life, three much-hyped experiences have actually lived up to all the hoopla: trekking into Machu Picchu on a misty morning, climbing the Great Wall of China on a brisk December afternoon, and auditioning the Ayre KX-R. If it's not the eighth wonder of the modern world, I say demand a recount.”

Read more at http://www.stereophile.com/content/ayre-kx-r-line-preamplifier-page-3#6AwFVzLwo9V33SMr.99

And from here:
http://www.ultraaudio.com/index.php...fier-and-mx-r-mono-amplifiers&catid=37:full-l

“As for the KX-R, I can’t say enough good things. I believe it to be the most complete product Ayre has ever made -- a defining achievement for a company known for its string of audio achievements. The KX-R is an ideal reference tool for my life as a reviewer, and an ideal instrument for my audiophile passions.”

The preamp is complete with the box, leather cover, manual and remote control. It’s in perfect working condition, with only a few barely visible nicks on the top cover, so overall a nice 8/10. Comes with all the original packaging.

Price: US$ 11.500!

Will consider offers for partial or full trades!

cheers,
alex

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Yes, it's gone, sorry.

Here's what I currently have :

1 pair of Ayre MX-R monos
1 pair of Krell Solo 575 amps
1 Krell SACD Standard MK3 player
1 Wilson Audio Duette II

Eveything but the Ayre monos are brand new, never used.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing