Found Reel to Reel tapes 7 1/2

jayhawk

Dec 7, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
my deceased husband left a box of pre-recorded tapes of Van Halen, BeeGees, ToTo, Pink Floyd, AcDc, Aerosmith, Joe Walsh...etc, etc....I have alot of tapes that have no labels on them....i am trying to find out how much they might be worth...can anyone help me?

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I would check eBay listings and find similar titles/condition to have just an estimate.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Tapes with no labels are probably tapes your husband made from LPs or other sources and they won't be worth anything on the used market. The precorded tapes are worth something. Go to Ebay and click on advanced search and closed auctions and type in the name of the prerecorded tapes. If any have sold in the last 30 days, it will tell you what they sold for (they will be listed in green). If you come up with nothing under closed auctions, check under current auctions and see if any of the same titles are for sale. If they are, click on the "watch auction" tab and you will be able to track what they sold for. This is the best way to determine what you could expect to get for them. Good luck, and sorry about the loss of your husband.

jayhawk

Dec 7, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
REEL to REEL Tapes.....I am exhausted!

Well....I have googled every site you could imagine about the reel's....I cannot find anything.,.,., :(

You would think someone in cyber land would have something like I do :confused: ..... so with that I guess I will put them back in the box and maybe someday I will take them out and try again.....

ALL of you have been AWESOME :) trying to help me ....Because of the economy I cannot afford to go buy a machine right now....or for that matter pay someone at a recording studio... :(

It would have been nice if my husband told me about these before he took a "dirt nap"..(deceased) :D rofl...he loved my sense of humor.... :D

Thank you again and may all of you have a very Happy Holiday :D
Connie/Sin City :cool:

jayhawk

Dec 7, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Tapes with no labels are probably tapes your husband made from LPs or other sources and they won't be worth anything on the used market. The precorded tapes are worth something. Go to Ebay and click on advanced search and closed auctions and type in the name of the prerecorded tapes. If any have sold in the last 30 days, it will tell you what they sold for (they will be listed in green). If you come up with nothing under closed auctions, check under current auctions and see if any of the same titles are for sale. If they are, click on the "watch auction" tab and you will be able to track what they sold for. This is the best way to determine what you could expect to get for them. Good luck, and sorry about the loss of your husband.

Thank you for the information...and about my husband....that was really nice.... :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Jayhawk,

Condolences on your late husband. On the tapes, if you know where to buy a reel to reel machine locally, ask them for help. I think they may be a helpful start to figure out what kind of tapes you actually have, and then how to sell it. If you find out they are good quality tapes, who knows?...you may find some buyers here who i bet are always on the lookout for good RTR recordings.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Connie from Sin City-If you send me a list of your pre-recorded tapes, I will track them on Ebay and see what they are selling for so you know what to expect when you sell them. You can PM the list or send it to my email address.

CLEMENS

Dec 16, 2011
INDONESIA
Dear, there is various kind of tapes, cassette tape, 1/4 inch tape in various lenght, 600,1200 or 2500 feet, and there are also 1/2" tape, 1" and 2" tape which usualy use as media in multi track recording. About "7 1/2" did you mean speed of the recording speed of the tape? usualy denote as ips ( inches per second ). It is nice if you upload photograph of those labels.
Sorry I live holly city so it is hard to reach you.

blackmagic

Mar 5, 2013
my deceased husband left a box of pre-recorded tapes of Van Halen, BeeGees, ToTo, Pink Floyd, AcDc, Aerosmith, Joe Walsh...etc, etc....I have alot of tapes that have no labels on them....i am trying to find out how much they might be worth...can anyone help me?

Jayhawk<
I am abouit 2 1/2 years late to the party.
Just stumbled upon your post.
Are these 7" Reel To Reel 1/4" tapes your describing here?
I have collected Van Halen/David Lee Roth for olmost 35 years.
I would be interested in the Van Halen, Aerosmith and AC/DC, proividing I can get more information.
Are these Full albums that your Husband recorded or "Pre-Recorded Tapes?
Do you have a Track Listing or at least the Title of the Album/LP, thats on the Reel?
Pleaee let me know either waqy.

Roger

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing