For Sale: VPI HRX Turntable with many Extras

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
SOLD! Thanks, Larry

For Sale: VPI HRX Turntable
My long time super TT, tuned up by Master Turntable Technician Stirling Trayle. Stirling does TT set ups at shows for many manufacturers, and reviewers like Michael Fremer and Roy Gregory and others. Many years (and still today) on the Stereophile A recommended component list. Until the $30K VPI Direct Drive TT, the HRX was VPI’s top of the line TT.
Comes with:
VPI JWM 12.6 tone arm
Brand New VPI twin motor and flywheel assembly
VPI Periphery Outer Ring Clamp
VPI Center Weight
VPI SDS Speed Controller (two minor scratches on top)
Current list price is $12,000 (with 12.7 arm) ($15,000 with the newest 3D arm). Original price paid was $10,500.

In addition, I am including the following extras:
Additional arm wand (VPI model 12.5) (I used it for mono cartridge) list $1500
Ginko Acrylic TT Cover list $428
Custom Absolute Polarity Switch
VPI Base with isolation platform for Motor/Flywheel Assembly list $500
Inflation hand pump for air suspension bladders list $30
KAB Strobe with Disc (to measure precise TT speed) list $110

Everything is in like new condition (except for two small scratches on top of SDS Controller).
Asking Price: $6999 for everything above – In addition, for the asking price I will include a Lyra Skala cartridge (list $3995), set up and aligned by Stirling Trayle! Cartridge is used, but has many hundreds of hours left of use. Will also take Paypal at no surcharge at the asking price.
Prefer local (SF Bay Area) Sale – Quite heavy to ship. You can also check out and listen to the TT in action. Email me at astrotoy@comcast.net.

Thanks, Larry

Last edited:

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I have the acrylic platter. It SOLD in one day! Thanks, Larry

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing