Flacco wants $20 million: Ravens need to sign Flacco or he may test free agency

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
BY: JOSEPH KARBOUSKY

Joe Flacco wants $20 million per season. Is he worth it? Well Flacco may not look like Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers when he throws the ball, and he certainly doesn't look like RG3 or Russell Wilson when he runs, but Flacco is a winner, and the Ravens can't afford to let him walk away.

According to ESPN's John Clayton on Jan. 28, via the inquisitr:

“He’s now made a case for $20 million a year and I think he’s gonna try to hold to that. Last season what I was hearing was he was asking for about $17 million. … But he was saying ‘okay fine, let me play this out.’ Now he’s in a position to make big money. And we’ll see if he can get over Drew Brees’ contract. I think he can.”

Well Joe, think of the Super Bowl as your lottery ticket. If Flacco and the Ravens beat the 49ers he will get his asking price. Even if Baltimore should lose this Sunday, the Ravens will have to meet him half way.

Flacco has quietly been one of the best QBs in the AFC for the last five season. He has gone 54-26 as a starting QB and has led the Ravens to 12 playoff games, including this year's Super Bowl.

It may sound funny, but at $20 million per season, the Ravens can't afford to let Flacco walk!

If worst comes to worst for the Ravens they could always franchise tag Flacco, but that's probably not what either side wants to do.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
The Ravens are a defense first team. Flaco is not that good. The Ravens defense beat The NE Bradys and Denver Mannings. Flaco may get it but I am not sure he's worth it. Alex Smith in this team would have played as well...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing