Ferrari 458 - fixer upper

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
LOL; from this, we can tell that the brake rotors can withstand a lot of high heat

Reactions: accwai

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Does it include the ashes of the previous owner still in the pile?

There is a large tree on Foothill Road outside my development with a chunk out where a tech gambler from the 2001 crash committed suicide by driving his Ferrari into the tree.

Last edited:

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I can't believe they let it sit out there like that, collecting dust and losing value

Reactions: Al M. and cjfrbw

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I'm stoked that I'll be able to sell the charred ashes from the fire that originates in my tube amps and balanced pwr transformer. With the added bonus of the remains of the property around it.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Can I have the VIN number? I'd like to find out if there's been prior damage to it.

Reactions: Al M.

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Copart is renowned for these sales. Especially vehicles that have secondary or tertiary insurance liability hoping to be partially offset

Does it include the ashes of the previous owner still in the pile?

I see they have updated their damage codes to separate engine fires from ashes. While maintaining the biohazardous/chemical category to aid potential owners decision.

Reactions: ack

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Copart is renowned for these sales. Especially vehicles that have secondary or tertiary insurance liability hoping to be partially offset

I see they have updated their damage codes to separate engine fires from ashes. While maintaining the biohazardous/chemical category to aid potential owners decision.

So you’re saying in order to get insurance claim they have to sell it in some way?

rando

Sep 22, 2019
I'm suggesting situations where an insurance company in possession of the car following the incendio d'auto occurred has made an effort to recoup a portion of that payed out to whatever legal entity the actual owner is shielded behind. Which is one of only a few roads a total loss exotic arrives at this site by.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
So you’re saying someone at the insurance place was smart enough to think to try and sell it?

rando

Sep 22, 2019
I've said nothing about this particular car beyond noting the damage codes it is listed with. If you want particulars you should ask the listing site or establish contact with someone empowered to list it there.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
You can just stick this in your garage and burn it down. Then say you lost your prized Ferrari in the ashes!!

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing