Expensive but excellent quality Bed linen and pillow recommended

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
This is probably as contentious as some high end audio but from my own experience I feel it is worth mentioning the following products, and if in the UK can be purchased from this company that has great service.

The bed linen is from Yves Delorme and specifically from my own experience the Triomphe and Etoile range.
http://www.chelsealinen.co.uk/level2.php?cat=84&catn=cotton bedlinen&dept=1&manu=7&page=
When I mean expensive it is not in the celebrity price bracket but still eye watering for some.
Personally I can feel the comfort difference between these and other linen that is still of moderate price, definitely will stay with these in future.

The pillow recommendation is for those who do not like feathers.
Pillow from Brinkhaus and is the Bauschi Lux Pillow, this for me is the best pillow I have owned.
From experience it is best to leave more filling than you require as over time it subtly beds down, so removing it to what seems perfect ends up being slightly under that after a few months (still more comfortable than any other pillow I have owned).
http://www.chelsealinen.co.uk/level...eln=Bauschi Lux Pillow&chelid=90&manu=1&page=
Thanks
Orb

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Prices look fair for egyptian cotton Orb. Would you know what the thread counts are for the Triomphe's and Etoile's?

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Yeah good point, although some may feel a bedsheet is just that and should be cheaper, reminds me of the differences on some audio product discussions :)
The links say 310 and this feels right when compared to other Egyptian cottom linen with thread count in the mid 200s, more importantly is that the Triomphe duvet cover really has a beautiful feel and look beyond its price (the rest is very good as well), while the Etoile range is superb but limited to one colour.
You feel the difference for sure with these and the pillow, well worth considering IMO.

Cheers
Orb

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I missed the thread count when I scanned the page. I like thread counts between 300 and 400. 800 may be smoother but is hot. It's hard to get the most comfortable temperature and you end up in and out of the covers. Like I said, the prices look fair (just right). Thanks for the link :)

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
NP :) and thanks for the headsup on the higher count, never knew that.
These also are the best I have owned so far for very hot/cold weather (well, as hot/cold the UK gets lol) as well, to me this is where the higher priced quality bedlinen really shines.
As a sidenote I should point out though that I use silk duvets, although I think this should not make a difference in the behaviour of the bedlinen.

Cheers
Orb

Lorrie

Nov 14, 2012
Didnt think that thread count would have too much bearing on quality but I guess I was wrong! I'd saying you'd be paying through the nose for a luxury comforter cover though, can you tell the difference?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
For people that don't sleep with a flat sheet between them and the comforter (like me) it matters more I guess, my wife on the other hand does so she isn't as picky. :)

Lorrie

Nov 14, 2012
I think its possibly better to invest good money in a goose down comforter or something of that kind, the linens are a little more disposable

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing