Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne loudspeakers

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
T.H.E. Show at Newport Beach is quickly approaching and this year we will be exhibiting in Room 418 at the Hilton Hotel from May 31st – June 2nd, 2013.

We will be exhibiting the remarkable Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne Loudspeakers along with Playback Designs’ brand new all-in-one product called the IPS-3 (Integrated Playback System 3). It is unlike anything ever released. It is also Playback Designs’ first release of an amplifier and preamplifier. To top it off it has a 3 Series DAC in it as well. The combination is a sonic marvel.

Come hear it for yourself.

jap

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
Based on all the positive feedback about MMMicroOne loudspeakers, I was very interested
hearing them, so I sent an email to EA two weeks ago, asking where I could hear them.

Still no reply.

jap

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
Room 418, The Hilton where not only can you hear the speaker but you can also hear it played with Playback Designs just released integrated IS3. Sounded pretty darn good.

If I had received this info from EA a week ago, I might have considered going to the show.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Hi there,

Anyone tried the Micro Ones with Eximus S1 / DP1 combo?
Thanks.

I think another nice combo might be April Music.

reverendo

Mar 10, 2014
Dallas, TX
just discovered this thread here, but it's just too long to it all. I'm looking for the thread and size of the MicroOne's base in order to test different spikes under the stand. please forgive me if the information I'm requesting is somewhere in here.

caesar

May 30, 2010
Can these speakers be placed on a bookshelf near a wall and still sound good or do they need to be placed in the middle of the room?

LarsS

Nov 11, 2014
Stockholm
just discovered this thread here, but it's just too long to it all. I'm looking for the thread and size of the MicroOne's base in order to test different spikes under the stand. please forgive me if the information I'm requesting is somewhere in here.

M8

reverendo

Mar 10, 2014
Dallas, TX

reverendo

Mar 10, 2014
Dallas, TX
Can these speakers be placed on a bookshelf near a wall and still sound good or do they need to be placed in the middle of the room?

Caesar,
I really don't think they would work well that way.
Best regards

reverendo

Mar 10, 2014
Dallas, TX
Last edited:

LarsS

Nov 11, 2014
Stockholm
thank you, LarsS. did you feel that they made a positive impact compared to the original ones?

Yes, they had a very positive impact on sound, even noticed by wife. Absolutely recommended, best way to describe is that they stabilized sound, improved detailing.

reverendo

Mar 10, 2014
Dallas, TX
Hello everybody.
Just wanted to know how you have your MicroOnes set up. I'm using mine without virtually any toe-in, completely parallel. Is anyone using toe-in? I'm asking because yesterday I went to audition possible speaker upgrades and overall came back very impressed with what I already have, except for a serious lack of perceived sound stage depth and layering. I started wondering if toe-in might help in this regard.
Any comments would be welcome.
Best regards
André

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing