Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

? https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/05/grimes-is-dating-elon-musk-report/

? http://www.businessinsider.com/who-is-elon-musk-dating-grimes-2018-5

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I too thought it was too funny.

I checked some of her other YouTube videos to see if I could find one that I like...for the music. You don't see any more, just that one from which Elon commented on positively for its visual artistic flair.

I posted only one picture of them together. To me the picture is worth 20 billion words.

Elon is like a stuntman of technological news, so in these times of financial difficulties with Tesla he simply recharges his battery for what he does best; getting some revolutionary 'traction'.
He's young, very rich, smart, daring, creative, in search of love, funds, and he's human. And she doesn't look like a Wall Street analyst asking dumb financial questions. :b

Ah!

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
But this is the video that started it all out; the character depicted in the video...
Rococo Basilisk

She's from Vancouver, Canada. Her real name is Claire Boucher...French name.
? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)
_____

The pair apparently met online after striking up a connection over a very nerdy joke. Per Page Six:

“Thought experiment Roko’s Basilisk considers the hypothesis of a future where AI lords over the world and could punish those who did not help it into existence. His joke was to merge this thought experiment with a pun using ‘Rococo’, referring to the ornate French 18th Century Baroque style, perhaps pointing out that both concepts are complex, too extreme and ridiculous.”

As it turns out, Grimes had already made the joke in her video for “Flesh Without Blood” which featured a character named Rococo Basilisk. “[This character] is doomed to be eternally tortured by an artificial intelligence, but she’s also kind of like Marie Antoinette,” she explained to Fuse in 2015.

? https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Roko's_basilisk

Last edited:

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Sorry Bob, it's all SHIIIIIIIIIIIITE and her talking is even more annoying and moronic than the stupid music videos but thanks for the entertainment, I'm happy for Musk :D!

david

But this is the video that started it all out; the character depicted in the video...
Rococo Basilisk

She's from Vancouver, Canada. Her real name is Claire Boucher...French name.
? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)
_____

The pair apparently met online after striking up a connection over a very nerdy joke. Per Page Six:

“Thought experiment Roko’s Basilisk considers the hypothesis of a future where AI lords over the world and could punish those who did not help it into existence. His joke was to merge this thought experiment with a pun using ‘Rococo’, referring to the ornate French 18th Century Baroque style, perhaps pointing out that both concepts are complex, too extreme and ridiculous.”

As it turns out, Grimes had already made the joke in her video for “Flesh Without Blood” which featured a character named Rococo Basilisk. “[This character] is doomed to be eternally tortured by an artificial intelligence, but she’s also kind of like Marie Antoinette,” she explained to Fuse in 2015.

? https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Roko's_basilisk

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Sorry Bob, it's all SHIIIIIIIIIIIITE and her talking is even more annoying and moronic than the stupid music videos but thanks for the entertainment, I'm happy for Musk :D!

david

So David, what new artists do you prefer? Just curious.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States

david

+1
Watching that imbecilic video took 7 minutes of my day that I can never get back.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
+1
Watching that imbecilic video took 7 minutes of my day that I can never get back.

I wasn't going to watch it until you said it was imbecilic, then curiosity got the better of me. However, being forewarned I only watched about a minute and a half!

From the sound of her voice, I have the impression that autotune was extensively used. Her voice in the "explanation video" (I watched for 30 seconds) doesn't sound anything like the music video.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

david

I wasn't trying anything in convincing but only in conveying; I surfed the internet, I stumbled on Elon (I keep track of my interests), I've read the latest, I posted it here in the video forum because Elon commented on it (that first video) for its visuals, I've searched some more after you commented briefly, I posted some more on what transcended originally, it was interesting and entertaining, and it was a good break from the finances, the pressure, the frustration that Elon is going through right now with his investors @ Tesla and the Wall Street analysts.

I put myself in his shoes and sometimes I would simply feel to bail out, to get out of it all.
Grimes is a mind connection, from a simple sense of humor. Elon discovered that Grimes used it three years prior and the rest is history in the making...this union, this thread, this story from online Internet, ....this is entertainment, and it comes in all flavors and colors. Life is fun living, and it is multi-universal.

Changes are good, creativity evolves, the mind expands, new connections are made, all that jazz.

What appears on the surface doesn't represent the depth of the matter, its simplicity.
Déjà vu ...

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich

david

Its not exactly the best (it's a solid 8.5 outa 10 on the crapness-scale). But I have seen worse ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing