Do you share your system with other audiophiles?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
So, now that COVID is over...

Have you shared where you are at along your audio journey? (The thread took a break for obvious reasons)

During this time, I have developed a Carolinas audio group. Long awaited but got tired of asking and just made it happen.

Tom

Reactions: bonzo75

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Have you shared where you are at along your audio journey?

Yes, of course! Having friends come over, and visiting friends at their homes, is an integral part of the hobby for me.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Yes, of course! Having friends come over, and visiting friends at their homes, is an integral part of the hobby for me.
Same here.
Big time.

Pacha

VIP/Donor
Apr 23, 2014
Absolutely! The second best part of having an interest in music and audio systems. Sharing with other like minded friends.
The first is of course, relaxing after a long day and immersing oneself in music.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Absolutely! The second best part of having an interest in music and audio systems. Sharing with other like minded friends.
The first is of course, relaxing after a long day and immersing oneself in music.
Absolutely agree with you

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Absolutely agree with you
Christoph I thought the other best part related to collecting some kinds of gear :eek: or speaker syndrome as we now call it!

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
One of the best things about the hobby imho is sharing the system with friends. It's a regular weekly event in Atlanta to go to someone else's house and hear their system. I must have made hundreds of trips to do this. I find it is beneficial in several ways:

1. It's just fun and healthy to have good friends and socialize with them. It's also fun to see different friends at different stages on their audiophile journey.

2. You get exposed to more gear and thus have more reference points on what really works.

3. One can politely add value to the system by sharing setup tips and techniques.

Don Reid

VIP/Donor
Nov 14, 2020
I quite enjoy having fellow audiophiles over to hear my system, and try to have several listening sessions each year. One of the best parts of this is having them bring their own LPs or CDs with them so that I get to hear new music on my own system. As a DIY speaker builder for several decades I particularly enjoy hearing good things said about my DIY horn speakers.

Reactions: Pacha and carolus

carolus

Dec 20, 2013
Belgium (Brussels)
I quite enjoy having fellow audiophiles over to hear my system, and try to have several listening sessions each year. One of the best parts of this is having them bring their own LPs or CDs with them so that I get to hear new music on my own system. As a DIY speaker builder for several decades I particularly enjoy hearing good things said about my DIY horn speakers.

.....same listening philosophy, but in a limited small group with mutual audio-sit-in invitation(s) ...
Always festive music (and social) discoveries and tech. experiences/skills ...
Succes ....
Karel

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing