Dedicated line for audio room - advice

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
The ground wires of Romex is smaller than the conductors this is why I made the comment to use 10/3 and double the ground wire.
It’s just a suggestion. to put a panel in the room is even better

Reactions: christoph

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Just sitting back watching the show. People know how to reach me if they want. Probably to late now. Im getting on a boat and dont want to use the Satellite phone unless I really need to. My out of office is till the 8th.

Reactions: stirlingtrayle

Republicoftexas69

Just sitting back watching the show. People know how to reach me if they want. Probably to late now. Im getting on a boat and dont want to use the Satellite phone unless I really need to. My out of office is till the 8th.
Have a nice trip.

shel50

Aug 3, 2020
Long Island, NY
At a minimum I’d put in 3 - 10 gauge lines “on the same phase.”

Good Evening,
I'm reading that you don't recommend line conditioning for an amplifier?
I have a primaluna HP integrated tube amp plugged into mt Audience Adept AR6 TSS unit.
What about the surge protection it provided? I believe Audience products do not impede on the amplifier itself..in terms of choking power..Do you agree?

Reactions: Long Live Analog

Long Live Analog

Aug 8, 2022
West Tn. Mid South
After reading about the Audience you should be fine plugging the Primaluna into it. You’ve got line conditioning and surge protection. I know Torus and Sound Application also work well with amps. Trust your ears, listen with the amp plugged into the wall then listen to it plugged into the Audience. Keep us posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkusBarkus

shel50

Aug 3, 2020
Long Island, NY
After reading about the Audience you should be fine plugging the Primaluna into it. You’ve got line conditioning and surge protection. I know Torus and Sound Application also work well with amps. Trust your ears, listen with the amp plugged into the wall then listen to it plugged into the Audience. Keep us posted.
Good Evening,
I most assuredly hear improved sonics with the Audience line conditioner
Less veiled, more open and overall better tonality. Honestly, even if there were no sonic improvement's
the surge protection alone is worth the price of admission. Shunyata as well has great line conditioners.
I personally would not go right into the wall with any components..

Hilroy48

Sep 15, 2021
Regina Sk Canada
I ran a single 12/2 Romex, with a 20 amp breaker. I added a Cardas Audio 4181 receptacle. have a Saturn 103 C power conditioner. I am running 2 Sugden class A MPA-4 mono blocks and all my gear with no issues. The entire system draws 10 amps when running. I am completely happy with the results.

shel50

Aug 3, 2020
Long Island, NY
No question that the sonic improvement with the Audience is definitely present.
Soundstage, imaging ,detail, tonal clarity to the point where it sounds like
a veil was "lifted" so to speak..And-perhaps more important is knowing that
there is top notch surge protection. Where I live ,with the constant spikes and power issues on Long Island-my equipment would be molten lava without it.
Shunyata also makes terrific line conditioners..I just prefer Audience as I
Met John McDonald who owns Audience and spent time with him in his home in southern Cal...A true gentleman I must say. Makes great products...
No impedance on the amplifier at all..

Reactions: Long Live Analog

Carlsbad

Dec 11, 2022
Carlsbad, CA USA
I know these things can take time. Hope you're listening by now.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing