Feb 3, 2012
New Mexico

tubes59

Jan 3, 2011
In my group of favorites. RIP.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I first heard the Byrds in the Summer of 1966 at a high school gym in Pittsfield, MA. It was a field trip for my summer camp nearby in the Berkshires. They were an hour late getting on stage which pissed off the camp officials immensely. It was my first formal concert and I'll never forget it. It was also the same summer I got to second base. Not sure which experience was the most memorable. I can't remember the girl's name but I do remember the Bryds! (I met Roger McGuin 40 years later and he couldn't remember the venue so I don't feel bad at all). The Byrds and CSNY were essential voices of a generation. Crosby's two well-deserved entries to the Rock and Rock Hall of Fame are testimony to that. RIP Mr. Crosby.

Reactions: jwhite613

jwhite613

Feb 3, 2012
New Mexico
We got to see C,S&N in a small bar in Misquamicut, RI called the Windjammer. We think there were less than 200 people in there… been awhile

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing