Dark, analytical, bright, warm....what terms, what meanings?

Yes I agree with the first sentence ? above; Davey is a great audio discussion's starter. He is indeed very talented in how he starts the open audio discussions.
He is a great asset. His formulations keep us on the edge of balance, in check with our audio surroundings...on all aspects.

* I watched a "dark" type of movie last night; part comedy part drama part psychological part reality part Hollywood movie industry from yesteryears part unique humor from the Coen brothers. ...For a dedicated movie thread. But just to mention that some terms we use in audio language can similarly apply to movies as well.

Thanks for the very nice compliments guys. Bob, I can easily see how the term 'dark' could be applied to describe a movie, not so much to what we hear. The 'visual' words that we utilize to describe certain aspects of sound reproduction are interesting to me, mainly I guess due to my background.
BTW, when it comes to descriptors that reference fine wines...that truly leaves me baffled in this hobby, LOL.:D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing