Danny Collins

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
My wife and I were looking for something to see today and pickings were very slim. We skip most of the check your brain at the door shoot-em-ups and paranormal genre. We had seen the trailer for Danny Collins and it looked funny and we both enjoy Annette Benning. Well we were pleasantly surprised to see that the trailers did not give away the whole movie. It was much better than what I expected going in. There were some very funny moments including the way the only nude scene in the movie unfolds. Profanity is used in context here, not for lack of good dialog.

It is nice to have a movie where you actually like all of the characters at least most of the time. Pacino is the nuanced Pacino I prefer. Annette Bening and Christopher Plummer are given good lines that the handle well. I am discovering that Jennifer Garner is much better than I had credited her in the past. Oh, and Melissa Benoist though she has a small part is nice to look at.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing