Crosby mods

lolo77

Oct 31, 2010
Hello
I a french integrator of hifi and HT solutions at home
and I look at Spectral for a time, but the brand is not distributed in France.

I think I could find a way with a near importator in Germany, Italy… but not so easy.
No one has answered me
I know also that the price in Europe is much more expensive here than in USA.

So I've seem someone spoken about mods on spectral equipment : by Crosby ????
I research a contact (website or mail) to contact them.
May be he could transform product in 230V and makes some mods which improve the qualities of Spectral equipment

Sorry for my english (not fluent but I will understand your answer)

thank you
Laurent

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Laurent

You could call the people at Spectral directly if you're interested. They likely have 230 V /50 Hz product. I wouldn't bother modifying Spectral products.. They're very particular about the way their products should work and I am certain Spectral the company would void the warranty as soon as they notice ANY kind of modification...

You can PM if you want, french speaking too but studied and lived in the USA

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
The Crosby Audio Works company has been out of existence for years. They used to modify some Spectral, at some point they took over the Entec brand of subwoofers and also made their own speakers under that marquee, if I remember correctly, etc. If you are looking for a 230V version, you probably have to go through the German or Italian distributor. Don't expect to "beat" the system and import the products at US retail prices - no US dealer will sell you new equipment, but they can sell you used. And if you modify them, there is no warranty and probably no chance of repair either.

Last edited:

lolo77

Oct 31, 2010
I understand well and I agree with you
the fact is that my email to spectral come back with a message of "undelivery".
I have a problem with email adress I guess.
If you have one to speak with them, please send by PM.

It interests me for my personal use but also for some clients ib the future.
It's incredible that no one distribute the brand in France.

Thank You

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Probably the best way to contact them is via phone or better yet fax - both numbers are on the web site. This will initiate a conversation at everyone's available times. BTW, there is also the dealer in the Netherlands. I would be surprised if they just didn't want to cover the French market at all with a local dealer. The story I have heard from others in Europe who wanted to distribute their products is that Spectral wanted them to order somewhat large quantities up front - I have no way of substantiating that claim (which is really a rumor). It is also understood that you would have to have already a credible and stable dealership set up, which would probably also include proper technical support to diagnose problems.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
BTW, there is also the dealer in the Netherlands. I would be surprised if they just didn't want to cover the French market at all with a local dealer.

I would never advise any one in Europe to buy a product manufactured in the US that it is not officially distributed in his country.

If service is needed warranties are limited to the country where the goods are officially sold. Although some companies offer EC warranty, most warranties are local. Use of the manufacturer service implies expensive transportation and customs expenses due to the formalities for temporary export. Remember most manufacturers will not sell spare parts or send service information to customers.

Although Spectral is an excellent and appealing brand, why risking a grey import when you have so many other also excellent possibilities? Remember that a good dealer should be much more than a guy who delivers you a sealed box in exchange of a payment - he should be able to help you keeping your equipment in good working condition during its useable life.

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Dutch Spectral importer

Hi,
the website of the Dutch Spectral importer is:
http://www.moremusic.nl/
It is an excellent importer with great service.
Wim

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing