Cow Dung Speakers

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Here are some new speakers that might legitimately be described as sounding like sh**.

Cow dung may be a natural material, but it is also responsible for polluting water and emitting gases like methane and ammonia. Hoping to counter the environmental impact of farming in Indonesia's West Java province, designer Adhi Nugraha developed a method for reprocessing the waste into durable household appliances.
A team led by Nugraha, who is also a teacher and researcher at the Bandung Institute of Technology, cleans the dung with water, which in turn removes the smell. It is then combined with scrap plastic and wood glue in a mold before being dried at low heat until hard.
So far, the project has resulted in striking lamps, stools and even home speakers.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Bathroom speaker.

Reactions: marty

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Interesting cabinet. Anyone actually hear this speaker?

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Here are some new speakers that might legitimately be described as sounding like sh**.

Cow dung may be a natural material, but it is also responsible for polluting water and emitting gases like methane and ammonia. Hoping to counter the environmental impact of farming in Indonesia's West Java province, designer Adhi Nugraha developed a method for reprocessing the waste into durable household appliances.
A team led by Nugraha, who is also a teacher and researcher at the Bandung Institute of Technology, cleans the dung with water, which in turn removes the smell. It is then combined with scrap plastic and wood glue in a mold before being dried at low heat until hard.
So far, the project has resulted in striking lamps, stools and even home speakers.
Do you consider this hot or cool shit? Is it vented? Not surprised that this literal piece of crap is headed by an academic!

david

Reactions: marty and Folsom

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
These speakers likely are compatible with Schitt components.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
These speakers likely are compatible with Schitt components.
Don't be so quick to underestimate Schitt gear! In my limited experience, they are very underestimated components. Although I use a horizon DAC for serious audio listening, I don't want to shorten my tube life in the Horizon by using it to play TV audio back through the big rig. So TV audio gets TOS-linked to a humble Schitt Multimode DAC that costs $150 that sounds incredibly good. Not $150 good, but damned good by pairing it with a $100 Chinese LPS and doing away with the standard horrible wall-wart PS that comes with the unit. I also heard their low priced tube pre-amp and their $500 DAC and was very impressed. Mike Moffat has been a hi end audio legend since his days at Theta who has now made good audio affordable for the masses (by selling them Schitt!). When I think about the ridiculous amounts of money that audiophiles have put into expensive systems in bad rooms with 20dB humps or suck-outs with distinctly unmusical gear and over-priced cables, I just shake my head thinking about how much more enjoyable their systems would be by putting that money into their rooms and buying low priced gear such as Schitt, or perhaps even better, an old, used Scott receiver!

Last edited:

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Organ basso notes can be messy. Recycling into the garden, though, is easy.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing