CCR recommendations, please!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I ashamedly admit I have no CCR albums in my collection, despite the fact I always admired the uniqueness of John Fogerty's voice and that driving southern country rock beat. It's time to make amends, so I'm looking for some suggestions as to what LP's I should be searching for.

I'm hoping any CCR fans here can help me out.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
debut album, bayou Country, green river, willy and the poor boys, cosmos factory and pendulum - these are essential, its only six albums just get them ;)

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
^

What Rob said!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Any good audiophile releases out there worth looking at? Or should I seek out the originals?

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
The original cd's were a disappointment. The SACD's are good and the hybrid layer is an improvement over the originals. IMHO, of course.

Last edited:

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
There's a very nice compilation out there called Chronicle. Audiophile? It's noisy tube guitar amps and late 60s/early 70s multi-track recording. Just enjoy the music.

Tim

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
There's a very nice compilation out there called Chronicle. Audiophile? It's noisy tube guitar amps and late 60s/early 70s multi-track recording. Just enjoy the music.

Tim

You know I enjoy the music for what it it is. Will look or the "Chronicle" compilation though. Thanks Tim!

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com

Tim

I did the Chronicle transfer for HDtracks and must say it's the best sounding CCR album I've heard.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
CCR Chronicle, Volume 1 and 2 is a very good start. :b

And then, get all their SACDs. ...And all John Fogerty albums too.
They are all essential to this group of the best Rock-&-Rollers with tight togetherness who ever walk on this planet! :b

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I did the Chronicle transfer for HDtracks and must say it's the best sounding CCR album I've heard.

Then I must get this! Thanks Bruce!

Was in a Motown groove last night, but the last few weeks I'm really diggin the southern rock sound. I've always liked it and discovered that I don't enough of it in my collection.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I just downloaded the HD Tracks CCR-Chronicle album....but I can't open it!

HELP!!!!

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side
It's time to make amends, so I'm looking for some suggestions as to what LP's I should be searching for...

When you want to look for Reissues, DCC made the Best.

Top Records are
- Cosmo's Factory (I heard it through the Grapevine is a killer)
- Absolute Originals (Box 45 )

Or a good Sampler, Double LP
- Chronicle

They are all ok. The success of CCR is based on John Fogerty's powerful voice. Even in the last corner in a lonely Nightclub with shot tweeters and damaged midrange chassis as speakers his Songs were great.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
When you want to look for Reissues, DCC made the Best.

Top Records are
- Cosmo's Factory (I heard it through the Grapevine is a killer)
- Absolute Originals (Box 45 )

Or a good Sampler, Double LP
- Chronicle

They are all ok. The success of CCR is based on John Fogerty's powerful voice. Even in the last corner in a lonely Nightclub with shot tweeters and damaged midrange chassis as speakers his Songs were great.

Thanks Syntax!

I completely forgot about "Cosmo's Factory", and it's one I'll see if my dealer has.

I'm in a rediscovery mode with CCR and John's voice is the primary attraction, so I agree!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing