Britains Got Talent

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I love those moments. Wonder sometimes if the judges act that way on purpose as to create the surprise factor. Otherwise, Simons of the world are quite prejudiced :(.

What is amazing is how Opera works in these shows. Average person never listens to opera yet in all of these instances in both US and UK people love them.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
I love those moments. Wonder sometimes if the judges act that way on purpose as to create the surprise factor. Otherwise, Simons of the world are quite prejudiced :(.

What is amazing is how Opera works in these shows. Average person never listens to opera yet in all of these instances in both US and UK people love them.

What's so amazing here is that these voices are coming out of a 17 & 16 years old teenagers, that more than anything else is what the people like.

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
britain has no talent , if they had they would never appear on this terrible show
imagine a 17year old elvis , zappa etc , they would avoid like the plague
I,m from the UK and never will watch this pile of bollocks

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
britain has no talent , if they had they would never appear on this terrible show

How do you figure that? You might not like the show and that's fine, but you're painting with a pretty broad stroke here.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada

To each his ( her ) own, if it wasn't for shows like that, whe would never had discovered a hidden talent like Susan Boyle.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
The lead singner is 88 years young.:D

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Greg Pritchard

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
we get this crap for about 6months of the year in the uk , constant repeats , newspapers , online & radio
even if you never watch the show , you can never escape it They always get the christmas number one
thankfully most of them vanish within a few months and are never seen again

Alan Sircom

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Aug 11, 2010
we get this crap for about 6months of the year in the uk , constant repeats , newspapers , online & radio
even if you never watch the show , you can never escape it They always get the christmas number one
thankfully most of them vanish within a few months and are never seen again

I wouldn't read too much into Christmas Number Ones. Since 1971, when 'Ernie (The Fastest Milkman in the West)' pushed Benny Hill to the top slot, it's been an almost unbroken stream of novelty records and hugely promoted bands of the moment topping the charts over Christmas. Even the good Christmas records - Fairytale of New York, for example - often get sidelined.

I'm more troubled by Cowell and Co.'s desire to reduce music to some kind of freakshow. It's not destroying music, because the whole unsigned band movement is growing ever stronger, but it's scooping out the musical IQ of the average Joe at pace.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing