Not open for further replies.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I was responding more to you and Spike Lee's absurd analogy of the KKK to today and the comment "Too many similarities for comfort" which is utter nonsense. Now, I understand fully, that those of you living in neighborhoods, like La Jolla, Beverly Hills, Boulder, Palo Alto, etc, where the Black population is below 1% go to these movies to claim to be social justice warriors and THE arbiters of racial justice, but the reality is quite different than what you think.

In fact, here is your quote I was responding to. As it pertains to Colorado Springs, it sure seems like someone is making some assumptions in a negative light???

"Spike Lee took us from the re-birth of the KKK in the 1920's to Colorado Springs in the 1970's to the Charlottesville Unite the Right demonstrations just last year. Too many similarities for comfort"

As I pointed out, it is the intolerance of the left with the phony narratives that Spike Lee and apparently you, buy into and propagate while ignoring the real issues that effect most Americans, particularly minorities and lower socioeconomic groups of all kinds.

I really don't need to see the movie to know what propaganda Lee is going to peddle as it is apparent just from his (and yours) extrapolation of a story of the KKK to today's Charlotesville incident.

Howie, really what do you know about La Jolla, or Beverly Hills or Palo Alto...have you ever lived in any of these places? I could say exactly the same thing as you did about numerous locations in Florida. Would that be accurate or just presumption? You talk about intolerance of the left...doesn't your post above wreak of intolerance? Somebody pointed out that you haven't even seen the movie in question, but that sure doesn't stop you from being intolerant to its content...even though you haven't even see it. Wow, I have a hard time believing you would state what you did in a public forum, but i guess that's why we will always agree to disagree. Your turn now, I guess...:(:eek:

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Don't worry . We can't tell who you are with your hood on.

I don't need to expose the intolerance of you Progressives, you do it yourselves. Very pathetic retort on your part.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Howie, really what do you know about La Jolla, or Beverly Hills or Palo Alto...have you ever lived in any of these places? I could say exactly the same thing as you did about numerous locations in Florida. Would that be accurate or just presumption? You talk about intolerance of the left...doesn't your post above wreak of intolerance? Somebody pointed out that you haven't even seen the movie in question, but that sure doesn't stop you from being intolerant to its content...even though you haven't even see it. Wow, I have a hard time believing you would state what you did in a public forum, but i guess that's why we will always agree to disagree. Your turn now, I guess...:(:eek:

Yes I know the demographics about all those places, been to all those places (unfortunately) and I would never live in any of them because they are the capitals of the intolerant, liberal white progressive world that few minorities can be found or allowed. Yup there are plenty of places in FL just like La Jolla but I don't live there. I prefer ethnic diversity for my homestead and for where my children went to school. I don't pretend to be a racial justice warrior by watching a Spike Lee movie. I actually walk the walk through action and help including my time and places I choose to work. I understand that is nothing for someone like you who "knows" by going to a Spike Lee movie. Here is Spike's own words and viewpoint/propaganda from one of your favored channels(https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/07/entertainment/spike-lee-blackkklansman-interview/index.html).

LMAO

I understand you and your progressive pals always love to distort what I say because it fits your preconceived petulant, sophomoric and intolerant narrative but I was responding to the absurd methodology of Lee (and the other racial warriors on this thread) extrapolating 1970 KKK to today's world which is nothing but nonsense even by La Jolla standards.

Next up, Jeffrey_T

Last edited:

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
+1000

lol :D:D

The sad thing about you intolerant La Jolla white Progressives is, you live in such a white sanitized gated world so void of any minorities, you couldn't even recognize a white hood as it would blend so perfectly in the white world you live in.

LMAO

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
The KKK did become more active in the 1920's in opposition to immigration from southern and eastern Europe as well as black migration from the rural south to big cities.

The KKK was present in the 1970's in Colorado Springs.

The KKK was present at the Unite the Right Rally in Charlotte.

That is the similarity.

It is not a political statement. It is a statement of fact.

The KKK is a white supremacist organization. That is a fact.

Where is the phony narrative?

https://www.dineshdsouza.com/news/white-nationalists-not-the-right/

david

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I don't think DINESH D'SOUZA has much credibility any longer - if he ever did.

Any person who, while married and serving as the president of a Christian college, takes his girlfriend to a religious conference has given up his any claim to intergrity.

Then there is the matter of his felony criminal conviction after a guilty plea for illegal campiagn contributions.

And yes, I am aware he was pardoned by Trump. A pardon doesn't mean he wasn't guilty

Almost forgot, he makes really bad movies, too. :)

Last edited:

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah

Any person who, while married and serving as the president of a Christian college, takes his girlfriend to a religious conference has given up his any claim to intergrity.

Then there is the matter of his felony criminal conviction after a guilty plea for illegal campiagn contributions.

And yes, I am aware he was pardoned by Trump. A pardon doesn't mean he wasn't guilty

It's not about Dinesh, you have Spencer on tape in his words and if you remember your history the clan came straight out of the democratic party, what are you going on about?

Listening to some of you guys you'd think that this country is in the middle of a racial war when most of us wake up, go to work, party and enjoy one another's company irrespective of race or religion. The same with our children, no one's race aware until we get some liberals in the mix but fortunately people here don't take the bait. But then again you guys invented the Klan and can't get away from it!

david

Last edited:

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
don't care about any politics, just tired of racial injustice films. i think the genre is well played out at this point, so spells Netflix.

i'd rather see Crazy Rich Asians which was a much bigger studio risk, but that's just me.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Ugh..What's Best in politics...NOT !!!!

Spike Lee is a racist. When your part of the liberal elite, selective racism is okay, rubber stamped by mainstream media !!!

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
The phony narrative is the weight you phony liberals give to this dwindling group of white supremacist hate groups, while accepting, condoning, ignoring and even legitimizing the true fascists of today's society who have and continue to undermine the fabric of civility. For a list I refer you to my prior posts. As I said, as a Conservative Jew, I feel more threatened by Spike Lee, his group of black liberation theology, Farrakhan, new Black Panthers, radical Islam, Progressives, teachers, college professors, BLM, ANTIFA, Democrats, mainstream media and the rest.

The film would have done just fine telling the story of the KKK, mocking them, etc kind of like Inglorious Bastards BUT instead he does go on and make a political statement and worse yet extrapolates that those of us on the right as well as Trump are in the camp of the Charlottesville skinheads; of cause totally ignoring those I list above as the most savage, brutal, above the law Progressive anarchists.

Now I am confused...who were those "fine people" in Charlottesville marching and shouting "Jews will not replace us"? Was that Antifa, BLM, Farrahkhan, Progressives, etc? Enquiring minds want to know!

Clearly no group is every totally blameless, but false equivalence is a ridiculous posture.

Its also pretty hilarious that you presume to speak for the daily experience that a LOT of black people still feel in America.

Anyone who thinks that either side is pure good and the other is pure evil is delusional. However, it behooves us all to call BS on any actions not in the public interest.

America is a mess now and I can throw around a LOT of blame on the Republicrats/Democrans.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL

Right he has no credibility BUT Spike Lee has credibility in ProgressveWorld.

As to bad movies, Spike Lee’s are no blockbusters.

Yeah you Progressives just hate those evil Christians don’t you. Just drives you crazy.

Of course his true guilt was just being on Obama’s enemies list as his “illegal campaign contributions” were a drop in the bucket compared to Obama’s for which no one in history was ever prosecuted or should I say persecuted.

Hey but just go and smear the guy because you are intolerant and hateful.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011

Trump is a huge fan of Andrew Jackson too. Does that make him a Supremacists too?
So why is he now a Republican?

Here is an excerpt from Foreign Affairs magazine:

COMMENT March/April 2017 Issue
The Jacksonian Revolt
American Populism and the Liberal Order

By Walter Russell MeaFor the first time in 70 years, the American people have elected a president who disparages the policies, ideas, and institutions at the heart of postwar U.S. foreign policy. No one knows how the foreign policy of the Trump administration will take shape, or how the new president’s priorities and preferences will shift as he encounters the torrent of events and crises ahead. But not since Franklin Roosevelt’s administration has U.S. foreign policy witnessed debates this fundamental.
For the first time in 70 years, the American people have elected a president who disparages the policies, ideas, and institutions at the heart of postwar U.S. foreign policy. No one knows how the foreign policy of the Trump administration will take shape, or how the new president’s priorities and preferences will shift as he encounters the torrent of events and crises ahead. But not since Franklin Roosevelt’s administration has U.S. foreign policy witnessed debates this fundamental.

Since World War II, U.S. grand strategy has been shaped by two major schools of thought, both focused on achieving a stable international system with the United States at the center. Hamiltonians believed that it was in the American interest for the United States to replace the United Kingdom as “the gyroscope of world order,” in the words of President Woodrow Wilson’s adviser Edward House during World War I, putting the financial and security architecture in place for a reviving global economy after World War II—something that would both contain the Soviet Union and advance U.S. interests. When the Soviet Union fell, Hamiltonians responded by doubling down on the creation of a global liberal order, understood primarily in economic terms.

Wilsonians, meanwhile, also believed that the creation of a global liberal order was a vital U.S. interest, but they conceived of it in terms of values rather than economics. Seeing corrupt and authoritarian regimes abroad as a leading cause of conflict and violence, Wilsonians sought peace through the promotion of human rights, democratic governance, and the rule of law. In the later stages of the Cold War, one branch of this camp, liberal institutionalists, focused on the promotion of international institutions and ever-closer global integration, while another branch, neoconservatives, believed that a liberal agenda could best be advanced through Washington’s unilateral efforts (or in voluntary conjunction with like-minded partners).

The disputes between and among these factions were intense and consequential, but they took place within a common commitment to a common project of global order. As that project came under increasing strain in recent decades, however, the unquestioned grip of the globalists on U.S. foreign policy thinking began to loosen. More nationalist, less globally minded voices began to be heard, and a public increasingly disenchanted with what it saw as the costly failures the global order-building project began to challenge what the foreign policy establishment was preaching. The Jeffersonian and Jacksonian schools of thought, prominent before World War II but out of favor during the heyday of the liberal order, have come back with a vengeance.

Jeffersonians, including today’s so-called realists, argue that reducing the United States’ global profile would reduce the costs and risks of foreign policy. They seek to define U.S. interests narrowly and advance them in the safest and most economical ways. Libertarians take this proposition to its limits and find allies among many on the left who oppose interventionism, want to cut military spending, and favor redeploying the government’s efforts and resources at home. Both Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky and Senator Ted Cruz of Texas seemed to think that they could surf the rising tide of Jeffersonian thinking during the Republican presidential primary. But Donald Trump sensed something that his political rivals failed to grasp: that the truly surging force in American politics wasn’t Jeffersonian minimalism. It was Jacksonian populist nationalism.

Google search:
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...02/whats-up-with-donald-trump-andrew-jackson/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/16/donald-trump-paying-homage-andrew-jackson-comparisons/

In his own words: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/16/donald-trump-paying-homage-andrew-jackson-comparisons/

Last edited:

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Right he has no credibility BUT Spike Lee has credibility in ProgressveWorld.

As to bad movies, Spike Lee’s are no blockbusters.

Yeah you Progressives just hate those evil Christians don’t you. Just drives you crazy.

Of course his true guilt was just being on Obama’s enemies list as his “illegal campaign contributions” were a drop in the bucket compared to Obama’s for which no one in history was ever prosecuted or should I say persecuted.

Hey but just go and smear the guy because you are intolerant and hateful.

How are his stating facts an act of intolerance? Are the girlfriend and the campaign points true, if so deal with it. You are not being intolerant to say that Spoke Lee is not making blockbusters, that is also presumably another fact that can be verified! None of this means Obama and his team were cleaner than clean either.

However, in all things, do consider the source. This guy makes wayward claims as if we dont know who David Duke endorsed and who didnt reject the endorsement! Alt-right are leftist? Ludicrous.

Last edited:

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
It's not about Dinesh, you have Spencer on tape in his words and if you remember your history the clan came straight out of the democratic party, what are you going on about?

Listening to some of you guys you'd think that this country is in the middle of a racial war when most of us wake up, go to work, party and enjoy one another's company irrespective of race or religion. The same with our children, no one's race aware until we get some liberals in the mix but fortunately people here don't take the bait. But then again you guys invented the Klan and can't get away from it!

david

What??? Never heard of driving while black? You simply dont have to face the daily reality of many black people in America. You simply dont have to face the profiling and presumption. Its a long way from the 1960s, yes, but its nowhere near where it should be where people are judged solely by the content of their character.

Sure, you may not be a perpetrator here, but to bury your head in the sand and pretend its even acceptable for many minorities in America is to do a disservice to the kind of America you really want!

Lastly, the video is comical...suggesting that the alt-RIGHT are actually leftists? I mean, really. The guy should go sell crazy somewhere else.

Last edited:

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
don't care about any politics, just tired of racial injustice films. i think the genre is well played out at this point, so spells Netflix.

i'd rather see Crazy Rich Asians which was a much bigger studio risk, but that's just me.

Well yeah, that may well be a more enjoyable watch. Spike Lee can be heavy handed.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Well yeah, that may well be a more enjoyable watch. Spike Lee can be heavy handed.

Actually the good thing about this movie is it is good movie making and an entertaining watch. It is not a movie that pretends to be serious because some jerk decided to direct something pretending to be an art form

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Now I am confused...who were those "fine people" in Charlottesville marching and shouting "Jews will not replace us"? Was that Antifa, BLM, Farrahkhan, Progressives, etc? Enquiring minds want to know!

Clearly no group is every totally blameless, but false equivalence is a ridiculous posture.

Its also pretty hilarious that you presume to speak for the daily experience that a LOT of black people still feel in America.

Anyone who thinks that either side is pure good and the other is pure evil is delusional. However, it behooves us all to call BS on any actions not in the public interest.

America is a mess now and I can throw around a LOT of blame on the Republicrats/Democrans.

No false equivalency arguments by me. I never spoke for how African Americans “feel” in this country. I can’t control nor do I want to control or interfere with how they feel or what they believe. Those that desire to follow the race baiting community of Spike and other Progressives or the race baiting and anti-Semitic community of Sharpton, Wright, Jesse Jackson, Farrakhan and others are free to do so, at least last I saw according to the Constitution it is their right to do so, unless of course the American MSM, Antifa, BLM and Progressives in general have succeded in ripping it up as they so want to do. They want a world of like mindedness; their way. Like this and other threads on this site, if you disagree with the Progressive narrative you are a “white hooded idiot racist”.

It’s easy to pass off Charlottesville as a poster child of Conservative America to a bunch of useful Progressive idiots who like a sponge so willing to absorb this propaganda when the real enemy of America are the most intolerant I list and that post on these threads from their white bread gated communities.

Reality of America today is racism and in particular neo-Nazis have dwindled and keep dwindling no matter how much Progressives want to maintain the narrative while the most disruptive, racist, violent, intolerant anarchists on the left are increasing in huge numbers, disobeying the law and stifling freedom for all that disagree with them.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
What??? Never heard of driving while black? You simply dont have to face the daily reality of many black people in America. You simply dont have to face the profiling and presumption. Its a long way from the 1960s, yes, but its nowhere near where it should be where people are judged solely by the content of their character.

Sure, you may not be a perpetrator here, but to bury your head in the sand and pretend its even acceptable for many minorities in America is to do a disservice to the kind of America you really want!

Lastly, the video is comical...suggesting that the alt-RIGHT are actually leftists? I mean, really. The guy should go sell crazy somewhere else.

Typical retort of course. Do you know the real stats or are you just talking out of your ass to pursue the typical Progressive Useful Idiot dogma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing