Best Video Editing Software for Canon Vixia HF11

Steve Bruzonsky

May 15, 2010
Come on Amir, I know you know the answer. Heck, you probably authored the software.

Gotta Canon Vixia HF11. I've got a laptop with Windows 7 (did the upgrade myself from that not so great Vista). I stick a mini-USA to USB cable into the Canon and out to the laptop and my HD video files transfer into my laptop Videos menu nice and easy. I can click on each video clip like I was on Youtube.

I want a simple video editing software to edit, transition between scenes, etc. Something EASY and not expensive.

Help. Thanks.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thanks for the compliment Steve and good to have you here :).

Unfortunately, I am the wrong guy to ask as I use Adobe Premier which is a high-end and difficult to use software.

Have you tried Windows Live Movie Maker? It is free and unless it has issues decoding the canon files, would be worth a try. It is nothing fancy but designed to be simple.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
In our Post studio,

Windows - Sony Vegas Pro 9
Mac - Final Cut Pro

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Those are good choices for prosummers and professionals but not consumers. They cost hundreds of dollars and are not easy to use for people who just want to edit camcorder footage once in a while...

Steve Bruzonsky

May 15, 2010
Hey, before I logged back in to check responses on this thread, I have Windows 7 on my laptop so I tried Windows Live Moviemaker already - just what I need and easy to use. COOL!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Now that you say you like it, I can confess that one of my old teams at Microsoft developed it :D.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Those are good choices for prosummers and professionals but not consumers.

He did ask for "the best". Usually "best" and "simple" are not in the same sentence. Sony Vegas and Final Cut do come in dumbed down versions.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing