Beautiful Music from Elizaveta

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Elizaveta was born in New York but grew up in Russia. She is classically trained pianist and schooled in Opera. She uses all of that to create what I consider very beautiful and well presented music. Hope you agree :).

Here is her latest song with unfortunately is not available for purchase on CD :( :

She does have a (single) CD which I just ordered. That is also beautifully done with this title song being the most famous ("Meant"). This is the live version (not on CD) performed at Nokia theater:

What say you? Do you agree with me?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Are you sure that isn't Lady Gaga in yet another disguise? Those GIGANTIC fake eyelashes are very distracting in the bottom video. She just reminds me of Lady Gaga with the over the top costume and the fact she plays piano and sings. Could just be me though.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Amir-I know she's not Lady Gaga, but I hope you can see some similarities:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I think there are definitely similarities and most aren't of the cosmetic variety either. Mama Monster has some really killer songs. Hint. These didn't make the charts.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Got the CD. What a bummer. It is one of the worst recording jobs I have experienced recently. Bland, distorted, you name it. Synthesized loops for drums and such (which also sound like they are coming from bottom of a well) only make things worse. I see this often with new artists who seem to go their cousin next door who has a Mac with an Audio Tool pretending to know how to record and master music.

I guess this may have been another example of the video and her looks/presentation added a lot of value. Take that away and the glaring faults of the music pop out.

Just compared a track on youtube which is from a live recording to the CD:

The vocals in the live recording are far superior to the CD! The CD sounds muffled and distorted. Wonder if it is due to way too much compression (dynamic).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing