Audi at CES

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Audi had a boot inside CES hall (others had them outside). I am not into these cars. Is this a new Audi? It had an unusual matte finish:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Looks like an R8 with different front grills. I believe e-Tron is their telematics package. They must have been showing off their new IT doodads. I wouldn't be surprised if they tied up with Disney either.

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
e-tron is Audi's all-electric concept car. Grill is different from the photos I've seen in the automags or Audi's site.

Audi presents the highlight of the IAA 2009: the e-tron, a high-performance sports car with a purely electric drive system. Four motors – two each at the front and rear axles – drive the wheels, making the concept car a true quattro. Producing 230 kW (313 hp) and 4,500 Nm (3,319.03 lb-ft) of torque, the two-seater accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h (0 – 62.14 mph) in 4.8 seconds, and from 60 to 120 km/h (37.28 – 74.56 mph) in 4.1 seconds. The lithium-ion battery provides a truly useable energy content of 42.4 kilowatt hours to enable a range of approximately 248 kilometers.
http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/...s/audi_e_tron.tab_0007.html&container=tabAjax

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Interesting. Here is another model:

They were only emphasizing electronic navigation and such so I didn't think the car itself was different. The stuff they talked about though was boring: Google maps? Photos of your destination? I think I have both of those in my phone already! :)

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
IIRC, there was talk about Audi developing an e-tron sub-brand. It would appear they've gone beyond just talk and into multiple show models, at least. Weird that they wouldn't emphasize the all-electric drive.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing