Apple to introduce a new Apple TV on the 10th?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Amazing to what lengths people to go to analyze what Apple may be announcing:

"In three separate deliveries in August, Apple received from a total of 40,300 kilograms (40.3 metric tons) in shipments from China's BYD Precision Manufacture Co. Ltd. described as "set-top boxes" or "set-top box with communication function," according to Panjiva, a New York firm that tracks global trade data."

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I love my Apple TV. Although wish it has higher performance ... Maybe this is it...

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
What's the best iPad app to control an Apple TV? There are supposed to be 3rd party ones out there that smoke REMOTE.

AMP

Feb 27, 2011
What's the best iPad app to control an Apple TV? There are supposed to be 3rd party ones out there that smoke REMOTE.

I looked for a better option to control iTunes and couldn't find much of anything on iOS. If you have an android device, though, Retune is an awesome app. It's being actively developed and the author is very quick to respond to feature requests. It's easily the best remote available for iTunes and I'm fairly certain that it can control an appletv as well.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks AMP, unfortunately, I don't own any android devices.

AMP

Feb 27, 2011
Thanks AMP, unfortunately, I don't own any android devices.

I ended up hacking a first generation Kindle Fire to get it to run Retune and it was well worth the effort. Although I'm a diehard iOS user I have to say that the android apps for controlling digital media are generally better than their iOS equivalents. BubbleUPnP is, by far, the best UPnP control point available today and Retune far surpasses the Apple remote app in functionality as well as look and feel. I ended up buying a Nexus 7 just to run the control apps for the listening room.

Not a fan of Android otherwise, but in this application it's worth a look.

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
I've been using "Logmein.com" to control all of my computers for a couple of years now. I can control any computer FROM any computer on my network. Best of all it's FREE. Once you get the hang of it I don't think there is a better way to go. Definitely worth checking out if you're not familiar with it. As a plus, you can turn off your wifi (which is supposed to help sound/picture quality) and still control the software. BTW either Mac or PC.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing