Apple iPad/iPhone User tips

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
My wife and I visited the New York City Apple store yesterday (quite the store!!!) and beside picking up a keyboard/protective case for my iPad, also picked up two very helpful tips.

1. Have you ever been typing along on your iPad or iPhone and by accident erased everything you had been typing ( like doing a select and then hitting the delete key?). And you wished there were an "undo"?. Problem solved: shake your iPad or iPhone and an option list will appear and you can undo what you did to erase your text.

2. Instead of having to type the period and the word "com" when typing a URL, just hold down the period button and it will fill in the "com" word (or you can select other options

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Enjoy NYC Chuck.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
We enjoyed the two plays we saw (Wicked and The Jersey Boys); we enjoyed some of the fabulous restaurants; wandering through Central Park; we were touched by the 911 Museum (and I got very angry that we just let 5 scum bags loose that are capable of doing it all over again); BUT, NY City is not my favorite place to be - massive crowds (particularly near Time Square); crazy drivers; and did I say massive crowds!! and then we got to see the Puerto Rican parade - did I mention massive crowds !!

There are a LOT of people on that little island.

That said, we would go back but only to see more Broadway shows -- we both loved them.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Thanks for the tips! I could have used #1 in the past

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing