Any fans of Symposium Acoustics here?

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Do they have a dealer in the US?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Andre, spkrs are not too difficult to adapt to Rollerblock Jnrs, but to begin with, have a spare pair of hands when it comes to spkr tilting etc.
I actually have each corner of the spkr baseplate resting on a half cup, then the ball bearing, then Svelte platform. The combination is great inasmuch as I can reas easily change toe in etc by moving the whole shelf w/spkr sitting on top.
I'm sure the combination of discontinuity-continuity is what gives the change it's positive nature.
Asamel, do contact Peter, his replies are detailed and ultra helpful, a breath of fresh air in this industry full of, tbh, quite difficult characters.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Andre, spkrs are not too difficult to adapt to Rollerblock Jnrs, but to begin with, have a spare pair of hands when it comes to spkr tilting etc.
I actually have each corner of the spkr baseplate resting on a half cup, then the ball bearing, then Svelte platform. The combination is great inasmuch as I can reas easily change toe in etc by moving the whole shelf w/spkr sitting on top.
I'm sure the combination of discontinuity-continuity is what gives the change it's positive nature.
Asamel, do contact Peter, his replies are detailed and ultra helpful, a breath of fresh air in this industry full of, tbh, quite difficult characters.

Thanks for the tips. A second pair of hands it is.

Agree about Peter. No bull, and excellent advice given.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I did it on my own, but depending on the weight/centre of gravity of your spkrs, that extra person could be invaluable.
I believe it's essential to have a thin shelf on the floor to put the spkrs/Rollerblocks on (Svelte Shelf ideal, and this is indeed how Symposium advise, 2 layers of isolation as result), so that you can move the whole shelf/spkr as a unit re toe in etc. But might not be poss if the weight starts to exceed 120-150kg (my Zus are under 100kg so I'm ok here).
Remove one spike at a time, insert either the whole Rollerblock Jnr item (so that in sequence top to bottom: spkr-top cup-ball bearing-bottom cup-shelf-floor) under one outermost edge of the bottom of the spkr, or "half" (exclude bottom cup). Carefully prop the spkr on this single support, and then replace the remaining three spikes in sequence, Rollerblocks one spike at a time. Being extremely careful not to asymetrically load the Rollerblocks so not to have the ball bearings go flying (more an issue in my set up where I'm not using the bottom cup).
You'll know you've got it right when the spkr sits there totally stable, but a shove to the side sets up a short lived wobble - only to be done on an alcohol free day :rolleyes:!

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
I did it on my own, but depending on the weight/centre of gravity of your spkrs, that extra person could be invaluable.
I believe it's essential to have a thin shelf on the floor to put the spkrs/Rollerblocks on (Svelte Shelf ideal, and this is indeed how Symposium advise, 2 layers of isolation as result), so that you can move the whole shelf/spkr as a unit re toe in etc. But might not be poss if the weight starts to exceed 120-150kg (my Zus are under 100kg so I'm ok here).
Remove one spike at a time, insert either the whole Rollerblock Jnr item (so that in sequence top to bottom: spkr-top cup-ball bearing-bottom cup-shelf-floor) under one outermost edge of the bottom of the spkr, or "half" (exclude bottom cup). Carefully prop the spkr on this single support, and then replace the remaining three spikes in sequence, Rollerblocks one spike at a time. Being extremely careful not to asymetrically load the Rollerblocks so not to have the ball bearings go flying (more an issue in my set up where I'm not using the bottom cup).
You'll know you've got it right when the spkr sits there totally stable, but a shove to the side sets up a short lived wobble - only to be done on an alcohol free day :rolleyes:!

Yes, TWO layers of isolation is exactly what Symposium recommends if possible. All good tips above, thanks again.

I think the key is to find that point of stability as you say, so you can rest easy and enjoy the music with out the fear of any crushed pets or smashed tweeters. :cool:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'll give credit where credit is due. I owe my interest in vibration control to Peter's Symposium. The RBJrs under a mid-line Arcam player was the first time A/B was so easily audible. I may have moved on but I still have sveltes and RBJrs on hand. I could never bear to part with them. They work. I don't think there's more I can say.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
I'll give credit where credit is due. I owe my interest in vibration control to Peter's Symposium. The RBJrs under a mid-line Arcam player was the first time A/B was so easily audible. I may have moved on but I still have sveltes and RBJrs on hand. I could never bear to part with them. They work. I don't think there's more I can say.

Jack, you nailed it. Perfectly said..where were you when I was writing the review? :D:D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Probably in the office trying to figure out why importation has become so friggin' expensive under our current administration! LOL!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing