Any experiences with Martion Einhorn speakers?

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
I came across these speakers which I find very interesting. I will listen to them at the upcoming HE Munich 2024. Martion is not exhibitor there but offers a venue nearby.

The Einhorns start playing at 1:32 :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
I have heard these speakers at Munich for the last few years and also at a person's home in Germany. The short answer is that I love these speakers and would like to purchase a pair in the near future when finances allow.

Even when the digital DSP was the only option I found these speakers to be in my wheelhouse. The analog version just takes it to another level. Most definitely not everyone's cup of tea but these horns with the base cabinet are one of the better speaker systems I have listened to.

Beau

Klonk

Mar 4, 2012
I have a friend, who owns Martion Einhorn speakers.. He is very happy with it. Martion has been at Munich during the High-End the last couple of years. Go, check it out, it's well worth it.

Last edited:

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
From Stereophile last year:
"The moderately sized speaker in the room was the famous Einhorn, which consists of a spherical horn that covers frequencies above 200Hz, a powered bass horn that covers the rest, and an active digital DSP crossover that time-aligns the bass and midrange drivers. The cost is around €22,000 including custom-made solid state amplification. Martion told me that he still personally installs and tunes almost every Einhorn system he sells."

The analog version just takes it to another level.
Do you know the price of the analog version?
Thx

Reactions: christoph

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
From Stereophile last year:
"The moderately sized speaker in the room was the famous Einhorn, which consists of a spherical horn that covers frequencies above 200Hz, a powered bass horn that covers the rest, and an active digital DSP crossover that time-aligns the bass and midrange drivers. The cost is around €22,000 including custom-made solid state amplification. Martion told me that he still personally installs and tunes almost every Einhorn system he sells."

Do you know the price of the analog version?
Thx
I do not. Would assume it is similar as the same number of amps and a crossover are are required. You might be able to eliminate the amps in the analog version if you have your own crossover. I think the DSP/crossover was built inside the amps in the original version.

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Saw this post of @bonzo75 :

So it might be even possible to get the Einhorn also with an external passive crossover similar to that of the Bullfrog.

Reactions: christoph and beaur

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
Saw this post of @bonzo75 :

So it might be even possible to get the Einhorn also with an external passive crossover similar to that of the Bullfrog.
Yeah, I am pretty sure that he has a separate crossover now. That also means you can supply your own amps.

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
IMO, even from the visual appearance they are looking much better than other horn speakers:

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I came across these speakers which I find very interesting. I will listen to them at the upcoming HE Munich 2024. Martion is not exhibitor there but offers a venue nearby.

The Einhorns start playing at 1:32 :cool:
Thanks for the reminder.
I just hope this year I won't forget to go there. Again... :rolleyes:

Reactions: matthias

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
I have a friend, who owns Martion Einhorn speakers.. He is very happy with it.
I am curious which frontend for streaming from Qobuz works best with these speakers.
Do you know what your friend uses (just in the case he does listen to streaming services)?
Thx

Klonk

Mar 4, 2012
I am curious which frontend for streaming from Qobuz works best with these speakers.
Do you know what your friend uses (just in the case he does listen to streaming services)?
Thx
He uses the CAD Audio Transport mostly for streaming local files. I am not sure if he listens to Qobuz, it might well be. I will ask him next time I see him.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing